Chapter 15: Powerful

"So, let me get this straight. You found that thing on a shrine, and there were mysterious glyphs that you could read!?" Rex asked. "I'm just as suprised as you are, Rex. Besides, didn't you say I wouldn't be the only one with powers around here?" Drift replied. "Well, yeah." Cuddles chimed in. "Look, either way, we aren't going to find out what this thing is just by arguing. We should take this down to Retail for Gumshoe, Noir, and Sleuth to inspect."

After Drift took off his mask and cloak, the  gang headed over to Retail to visit the detective agency. "When they walked into the room, they were greeted by a man in a detective hat, shades, and a bushy mustache. This was a detective if Drift had ever seen one. "Greetings, how may I help you?" "We found a mysterious artifact at the temple that just appeared," said Brite. Drift handed the Rift Edge over to the detective. Immediately, the light in the scythe faded away. "Intriguing..." said the man. "Oh, sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. The name's Noir." He shook hands with Drift and Brite. "So, you said you found this at the temple?" He said. "Uh-huh." Said Cuddles from the back. "Interesting, we went and checked out the temple ourselves. I'm suprised we didn't find that earlier, must have missed a hallway or somethi-" CRACK!!! The lightning struck outside again. "Oh yeah, we're investigating that too. Keeps getting worse." 

The detectives inspected the Rift Edge, and the gang went out to get lunch. Then, they went back for the verdict. "So, what did you find?" Noir seemed to ponder for a moment. "Drift?" "Yes?" "Put your hand on this weapon." He did as he was told, and the scythe flared up again. "My god..." he pondered for a second. "Drift, you said you could read the symbols on the shrine?" "Yeah." Drift looked at the scythe again. "Wait, what did you do to it?" "Put some extra metal on it where the stick meets the scythe. Helps keep it on, fits your style better too." "Wait, you want me to keep this?" "It seems to like you. Hell, I'd even go so far as to saying it was made for you, which is odd, considering it's origins."

The gang was on the road again, where they would explore the biggest city on the island—Tilted Towers. The gang made a pit stop at the gas station on their way there. Brite noticed a look on Drift's face, which she new by now that it meant he was worried. "Drift, what are you worried about?" Drift took a deep breath in and out, before saying, "What does this all mean?" "I-I don't know Drift, but..." Brite put his had on Drift's, and said, "I'll be with you through it all, Drifty." She was right. He was glad to have a girlfriend like Brite who was so kind and loving. Drift pulled down his mask and kissed Brite. "Thank you." He stood up to go to the bathroom, when a bright light appeared behind them. Enforcers, three of them. "BRITE, WATCH OUT!!" All of a sudden, Drift almost instinctively stuck his arm out. Zap!  The Rift Edge suddenly appeared in his hand, and he zapped one with a bolt of lightning, and slashed the other two right in half. Brite was in awe at what she saw. Drift regained control, and began to shiver, staring at the remains of the Enforcers. The Rift Edge fell out of his hand, and Drift fell to his knees, looking at his hands. "Dear... mother of... God..."