Note: upcoming "Subnautica" stuff

Some plot elements from "Subnautica" may need to be understood in order to understand the next few chapters.

I had to come up with a short title, the note would have been more formal if Wattpad didn't have an 80 character limit to titles.

Also, minor spoilers (maybe) ahead (for this story). Major Subnautica spoilers ahead too.

Now, you probably look like the guy below:

But hear me out.

Subnautica is one of my favorite games, but it would be hard to write it's own story about that wouldn't just be the subtitles of a Let's-Play. So... I'm doing this. No, there won't be any visits to 4546B, there's just going to be some plot blending. Basically, here's a run down of what I'm planning:

1.) In the last chapter, Drift stated that he could read the language on the Purple Tablet. You already know he can read Kevin's runes. However, the "Precursor" (The alien race that built the giant alien gun that stranded your character in Subnautica) alphabet has similar geometric symbols. So, I thought that the cube runes are just a few letters of the "Precursor" alphabet, and Kevin could somehow be related to these "Precursors" (think about it, it's not too far-fetched. Kevin DID come from another dimension through the rift, after all.)

2.) Now, I was reading through some of the entries from the "Degasi" crew (the guys that got stranded on the planet before the player came) and I found this in Paul Torgal's third entry:

) Now, I was reading through some of the entries from the "Degasi" crew (the guys that got stranded on the planet before the player came) and I found this in Paul Torgal's third entry:

That sounds like a rift, eh? This light is never really explained in the game, and is presumably left for player explanation. While most people would guess it was just a hallucination, it could very well be a rift. Drift's world couldn't have been the only one that got affected by the rifts, right? Anything from Subnautica could have been rifted like Drift did. This could also explain the Endgame and John Wick crossovers, where the characters got rifted (Thanos could have used the Space Stone or something to get to the island in season 4 before the rifts). Now, I'm not saying to expect Paul Torgal in the story, but this justifies what I'm doing.

3.) Lastly, people have done crazier things on Wattpad than this. I'm going to logically tie two game's plot-lines together, which is rather... "sane," compared to a few other things I've seen here. This may sound insane and ludicrous, but the plot-line of Subnautica can fit into Fortnite's plot, given some user-added elements. Seriously.

Also, this story is called "Into the Unknown." This is in reference to Drift's description, "Venture into the unknown and find your way to victory." However, by sheer dosh-darn coincidence,"Into the Unknown" also happens to be the name of Subnautica's most recognizable soundtrack: 

So... yeah. Basically, I'm warning you about this so you won't be in utter confusion for the rest of the story. So, yeah, enjoy reading this book. Please don't hate me for this.

EDIT:

On the left is a leaked v11

On the left is a leaked v11.10 skin. On the right is the character you play as in Subnautica. Epic, I see what you're doing here...