Chapter 8: Closer

The next day, the gang checked out of the hotel and headed north. Even being near Brite had him in a trance at this point. He so badly wanted to admit his feelings for her, but he was unsure whether she loved him back. Nonetheless, Drift was able to keep his cool. After a quick stop at Retail Row to go shopping, the gang continued north to an abandoned house, where they settled down. Then, after settling down, they went to the nearby woods to have a picnic. "So, what were some of your hobbies back home?" Brite asked Drift. "Oh, I liked spray painting, video games, listening to music, and going for walks. Just simple stuff, I guess." Drift wanted to hide the truth about his past. He was nervous to tell her about it. The gang continued on, eating sandwiches and apples. Then, they went to the nearby maze. "Last one out is a rotten egg!" yelled Cuddles as she ran into the Maze. "Oh dear." Drift and Brite sighed at the same time. Drift was the first out of the maze, followed by Rex, followed by Brite, followed by Cuddles. "First one in, first one out, I guess."

It was the middle of the night. The rest of the gang was surely asleep. Drift sat in the middle of the woods next to a cozy campfire, strumming the guitar he found laying around in the house, playing some songs from back home. He was sure nobody would catch him... "Drift?" "GAH!!!" Drift turned around to see Brite Bomber behind him. "Uh... I can explain..." Drift said while blushing. "I didn't know you could play the guitar. You play it really well." "Uh.. thanks..." said Drift, still blushing. "Hey, maybe you could play a song for me. I'd like to hear some more." Brite suggested. Drift was so blushed, it would have outshine the fireplace had he not wore his mouth mask. So, he sat down and strummed some tunes. Brite hummed along with some of them. A few minutes later, Drift wondered if he should admit his feelings for Brite. He decided that this was a good time to do so. It was nerve racking just thinking about admitting his love... he turned to face Brite, but she had fallen asleep. Oh well. "Not tonight, Britey..." Drift mumbled. So he carried her back to the house and went to bed.