Chapter 7: Blast From the Past

Drift was so enamoured by Brite, he just couldn't take his sights off of her. This wasn't just another crush. He actually, legitimately had feelings for Brite Bromber. And he actually had a shot at her, too. Everyone had a crush on her, and lots of people would try to impress her, but by the way Brite acted towards Drift... He would have to be very lucky to get her. But he didn't want it to get awkward. He wanted her in his life so badly, it pained him to keep it a secret. He hadn't felt love since his mom died, he had forgotten what it felt like. He just couldn't wait to kiss those lips of hers.

After a few days at Paradise Palms, the gang finally decided to get on the road again. They headed west, and stopped at a little village, which reminded Drift of Mexico. Not that he had ever been there, he had only heard about the stereotypes. The gang stopped there  for a while to have some Tacos. They were the best he ever had. After driving a little more west, the gang came across some Dinosaur statues. Hanging out at the base of one of them was a girl in a triceratops onesie... a lot like Rex. Drift knew for sure this must have been his sister, as if she weren't, Rex would probably be her boyfriend and not Cuddle Team Leader's. "Hey sis! What's up!? Fancy meeting you here!" Rex yelled. Yup, Drift guessed correctly. "I was just about to climb up these this thing! Care to join?!" Shouted Rex's sister. "Yes!" "Of Course!" Said Rex and Cuddles, respectively. "No thanks, I don't really like cliiiiiimmmbbiiiinggggg..." Drift and Brite said it at the same time. "Um..." Drift blushed under his mask. "Who's this?" Said Rex's sister. "This is Drift, he's new here. He came through the rift in the sky." Brite said. "Inter dimensional traveler, huh? My name's Tricera Ops. I suppose you've already met my brother and his friends."

Tricera, Rex, and Cuddles climbed on the T-Rex, while Drift and Brite stayed on the ground. After taking a picture in some rawr poses, the two, unaware of the other's love for them, sat down to chat. "So, what happened before I got here? How did that rift get there?" "Well, it all started with a meteor that crash-landed on this island, forming the forested crater where they're building a diner now. There were some purple rock things that made you jump high when you crunched them in your hand as well. Then, this big purple oaf called Thanos showed up..." "WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA. THANOS!?!? THAT GUY IS A MOVIE CHARACTER!!! DID HE LIKE KILL HALF THE UNIVERSE OR SOMETHING!?!?" "Well, he did cause some destruction, but nothing like that. This Thanos might be different than the one in your movies. Anyways, turns out there was an alien in the meteor, who launched a rocket and created that rift. Twelve days later, you came along."