Chapter 30: Butterfly

It has been roughly a few days since the zombies first came. Drift was fighting a group of fiends outside of Tilted Towers when suddenly, he was enveloped in a white light. The light faded to reveal that he was floating in the same white realm he had been in the night before the zombies. "H-hello?" He called out. Then, a rift formed above him, and started to materialize in the form of a Butterfly. It started to fly around Drift before he put out his arm, and the butterfly landed on it. Suddenly, Drift was riffed back to the island, and found himself in the sky. Under him, Loot Lake has become a tranquil paradise with a rainbow over it. However, Drift was in the sky, and falling. Drift flailed about and yelled as he fell, but when he hit the ground, it didn't hurt at all. Odd. Well, he got back up and saw cube fragments arranged in a Stonehedge fashion. A beautiful place, he thought, and he knew just what to do here.

Drift took Brite for a walk, over to the new Loot Lake. "So, you saw it too," Drift said, "the white place and the butterfly?" "Uh-huh," said Brite, "I think everyone did. Nearly panicked when I fell out of the sky." The two eventually arrived at Loot Lake. When they first arrived, Brite said, "my god... this place is... beautiful..." "Yes, just like you," said Drift. There was a pause before he said, "L-look, I... I love you, and... I haven't felt that way about anyone since my mom died. I just want to spend all my time with you, and... I... I have to ask you something." Drift pulled the ring out of his pocket, kneeled down, and said, "W-will you... will you marry me?"