Chapter 4: Lucky Landing

The gang arrived at Lucky Landing at sunset, and it reminded Drift of the Chinatowns he would see at home. The style of the buildings there, the cuisine, hell, even the people there looked asian. He was surprised at how much like Chinatown this looked like. He turned to face Brite. "This reminds me of a place back home..." he said, "It's called Chinatown and it looks just like this." He paused, and noticed an...  unusual  resident. He was bipedal, like a human, but... he looked like a monkey. "WHAT THE..." Drift yelled. "That's Wukong, he's one of the locals. Judging by your reaction, it's safe to assume that you don't have anyone like him at home," Brite said to Drift. The cart stopped in front of an Inn. "We'll stay here for the next few nights, then we head to Paradise Palms. They just came through a rift, so they still need to get some stuff together." "Sounds like fun!" Cuddles yelled. "Does she have to yell everything?" Drift whispered to Brite. "You'll get used to it," she whispered back. The gang checked into the inn, and they settled down in their room. It was spacious, and managed to fit all four of them, plus a fifth if it was necessary. And for the first time, he saw Cuddles take off her mask. Over the past few days with the gang, he hadn't slept in the same room as Cuddles, and Drift was suprised we what he saw. She had Blonde hair, but the edges of it were dyed pink. Eventually, all of the gang was asleep, exept for Brite. She was sitting on her bed, holding the selfie Drift took at Lazy Links. "I haven't felt this way around anyone else, not even my brother," she whispered to herself. "I... I think... he's... he may just be... oh my god..." She took a breath and whispered, "I-I think I'm... in love with him..."