Chapter 10: Nice and Cozy

Drift's feelings at this point were beyond anything that words could describe. He had just kissed the one he loved the most, the one who helped Drift throughout these confusing times and taught him to love again. It was the best thing he ever felt. Brite felt the same way. The two of them sat down and looked at the beautiful scene. "Brite, I-I'm so glad that you told me this, I wanted to tell you that I loved you for a while, but I didn't know how to, and I never thought you would be the one to confess..." Drift said, in tears. Brite was leaning on Drift, snuggled up in his cloak. "Drift, from the moment I first saw you, something pulled me towards you, something I never felt with anyone else..." Brite said, also in tears. "Brite, I felt it too..." Drift replied, then adding, "Brite, what is it that you love about me? I'm no sunshine and rainbows like you are..." Brite chuckled. "Drift, remember when we talked at the pool? You're just like me, only a bit more serious." "Yeah, 'a bit' is a good way to put it." The two both chuckled. When the chuckling died down, Brite put her hand on Drift's right cheek. Drift had a scar running down on his left cheek, but something about it looked... familiar... she glanced at the rift in the sky—it was the exact same shape. "Drifty, how did you get that scar? It looks just like the rift..." "Okay, so you're calling me Drifty now, huh?" "Well I" "No, it's okay, I've been calling you Britey while you were asleep." Giggling, Brite said, "anyways, back to the scar?" "Oh yeah, that... I kinda got into a problem with a fence and a bicycle when I was little. Had to get stitches. Nothing superstitious, I swear." After a pause, Drift said, "Brite... promise me you won't ever leave me. You've lifted me so high at this point, if you were to let go, I would be more broken than I ever was..."

"Drift, I'll never let you go, I promise."

"Thank you."

Drift put his arm around Brite and she snuggled up in his cloak.

"Brite, everything about you is so perfect. Your looks, your personality, I just can't live without you."

A shooting star passed by.

"Look, Brite! A a shooting star! Make a wish!"

Brite took a deep breath and said, "I wish to be with you forever, Drift."

The two laid down on the grass. "I love you," said Drift. "I love you too," said Brite. Eventually, the two fell asleep there, on the spot where they had first kissed. Brite was snuggled up and cozy in Drift's cloak.