Chapter 17: Date Night

The gang walked out of the hospital, and Drift realized he was in a city. This must have been Tilted Towers. Drift looked up at the sky and noticed the rift had disappeared. Looking back down, he saw lots of people on the streets. He recognized a few familiar faces, such as Moniker and Redline. They probably lived here. Still, Drift kept silent, he didn't know what to say. What powers had he been given? Would he be able to control it? He got overwhelmed, and he quickly grabbed Brite's hand. "Drift, what's wrong?" Brite asked. "I... I don't know... what is this..." Brite seemed to pause for a second, and said, "how's about you and I go on a date tonight?" "A... a date?" "Yeah! There's a fancy Italian restaurant we can book for tonight, it's going to be delicious!" "That sounds like it would be a breath of fresh air! But what will Rex and Cuddles do?" Rex chimed in, saying, "We can just go shopping and stuff. No problem at all."

Drift decided to dump the sweatshirt and face mask for a tuxedo, and Brite dressed in a pretty pink dress. The two sat down and ordered their food. Both of them ordered spaghetti and meatballs, they really were alike. Drift then said to Brite, "So, did Field Surgeon say anything about my scar? How it was shaped like the rift?" Brite shook her head. "She was intrigued, but when she looked at it she found nothing special. She said it's likely just a huge coincidence." "Say, Brite, normally you look amazing, but tonight... you've upgraded to stunning. Brite blushed. "Why, thank you! You look amazing too!" The two received their food. "Wow, that was fast!" Drift said. The spaghetti came in one large plate. The two scarfed it down. But then, they both sucked on two ends of the same noodle. Oh boy, Drift thought, just like the movies... the two pulled on the noodle until their lips touched. Drift bit the noodle off and the two kissed again. He always felt amazing when he kissed her, all his fears and worries just melt away... the two chatted a little more before paying the bill.

On the walk to the hotel, Drift noticed that Brite was very tired. She must have gotten food coma. "Drift..." She said in a cute tired voice, "I'm... so tired... I don't know if I can... make it..." she passed out in his arms, absolutely adorable. He carried her the rest of the way back. He walked in and found Rex and Cuddles eating some fast food. "She's out," Drift said. He laid her in bed, and he gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek before he went to bed along with Cuddles and Rex. Brite had really helped in calming him down after his "outbursts." But then, Drift felt something in his pocket. Of course, how could he forget? He had kept that ring in it's case in his tuxedo pocket ever since he got the tuxedo. He looked at the case, and looked at Brite. They were both 18, right? Drift blushed so hard. He... he was going to ask Brite to marry him. And he knew just when to do it. Six days from now, Brite's birthday.