Chapter 29: Fortnitemares

They were everywhere. They tore through the walls in the masses. There was hardly an escape from them. These "cube monsters" wreaked havoc on the island. Drift and Brite ran through the teleporter to the lab, to be met with a similarly afraid Cuddles, Rex, and Archetype. Archetype seemed to have totally lost it, blabbering things in his Scottish accent he would use during his short circuits. He was running around the lab saying things like "it tore straight through the habitat! Something has the scent of me blood!" Eventually he had gone so insane that he collapsed to the ground and rebooted. When he got back up, he came down to the rest of the group and said, "sorry, err, short circuit. Anyways, these monsters are everywhere and are tearing everything down. We need to hide somewhere, and something tells me this lab won't be safe enou-" he was inturrupted with a loud clanging noise, followed by a siren saying, "warning: doors breached. Doors breached. Evacuate immediately." Archetype then followed up, "okay, we need to get out of here!" He shook a rift to go. 

The gang ended up in a different room. It seemed to be a survival shelter. There was a hatch above them. "This is the safety bunker," Archetype, "we didn't go very far. Were only a little further into the woods. The hatch above us is useless, it's only a skylight for air and is impossible to open. We're staying in here until it's safe to go out again." But then Drift got a feeling in his gut that told him that he had to go out there. He could fight them, he was capable. "I'm going out there," said Drift, "I can deal with it. I'll fight them. I feel as if I just have to." Archetype then immediately seemed worried, well, at least as worried as a cyborg's visor could look.. He then followed up, "go back to bed, you can go out there and kick zombie ass in the morning." Drift replied somewhat angrily, "there could be people out there that don't even know what's happening , they could easily die! I have to go out there now!" Archetype sighed, then replied, "you... I won't force you to stay in here against your own will last time I did that, I..." he paused before saying, "go ahead and save the day, Drift."

Southwest of paradise palms, the Pueblo village was under attack from countless hordes of zombies. Dante and Rosa, along with their faithful Spirit Owl, were trying to fight off these hordes, but were failing to successfully fight them off. They kept generating from the cube chunks, which in themselves were being generated by Kevin. They simply couldn't contain the zombies. Then lightning struck the top of a building, which was normally a sign a cube chunk had appeared there. Dante checked it out, but instead of a chunk, there was a cloaked figure with a fox mask on that was surrounded by purple lightning. He jumped down from the building an tore through the zombies like butter with his scythe. He then proceeded to throw his scythe at a cube chunk, which immediately exploded upon contact with the scythe. He destroyed every last cube chunk before rifting away. Dante was amazed at what he saw, and from then on thought it was the spirits of his ancestors protecting the village.

At the Viking village, even the strong, fierce, and warmongering Vikings were being overrun by the zombies. They tore through the wood and straw that held the Viking houses together. Ragnarok, the cheif of the Vikings, was leading the fight, but was losing. Huntress ran towards Ragnarok saying, "Chief, Cheif! There is too many of these vile creatures! We have lost several men already, it would take the likes of Odin himself to save us!" Ragnarok let out a deep sigh and said, "well then, it seems Valhalla calls upon us." He then proceeded to yell, "But we will not go down without a fight! We will perish in a burning blaze of fury!" Ragnarok lifted up his blade, and so did all the other Vikings, yelling, "RAAAAAAAAA!!!!" as they charged at the monsters. Suddenly, a bolt of lightning struck the outskirts of the village, and a cloaked figure emerged from the blast. It quickly began to strike down the monsters with a weapon and blast them with lightning. "Impossible..." said Ragnarok, "Could it be... the son of Odin himself?" The figure continued to successfully beat up several monsters. It only left when there were none left. Then, from across the village, Magnus's voice was heard yelling, "Thor, son of Odin!" The Vikings yelled out in celebration.

Drift saved many lives over the next few days and nights, refusing to give up until Kevin itself was destroyed. Drift saw himself that Kevin was beginning to fracture, and it's plans would be foiled. But would it truly be over after that? What did the future hold?