Chapter 3: Redline

The gang was surprised at what they saw. They were still far north of where the old swamp was, and the desert that Moniker had told the gang about had engulfed the racetrack. On the bright side (which was pretty much what Brite lived by), an even better one had replaced it. They went to race, and a woman in a black and red racing outfit was there to meet them. "Hey there, the name's Redline," the woman said, "we've been getting a bit more customers lately, ever since this upgraded track came out of nowhere." The gang checked in, and Redline showed them the basics. Brite had to sit out and wave the checkered flag at the finish line, since the ATKs only fit 4 people. The gang found out that if they drifted around the corners, they would get a boost. Rex fell off during this session, and Cuddles was hanging on to the roof. The gang decided that they needed seatbelts in their ATK (which they got, thanks to some retrofitting). The gang later rented another cart for the race, and once again it was Drift and Brite against Cuddles and Rex. Drift really lived up to his name and managed to utilize the boosts gained by drifting to always get ahead of Rex and Cuddles, at least when he drove. When Brite drove, it was a bit more even. Rex threw up after the race. Either way, the gang had even more fun. After the race was over, the gang headed back out west. Again, Drift asked Brite where they were going. Brite answered, "We're going down to the Asian town of Lucky Landing, it'll be fun!"