UA High

~Lazuli's POV~

"Time to get to school" I mutter to myself as I grab my apartment keys and store them in my gem. It's been a little less than a week since I moved here to Masutafu, Japan and it's been pretty decent so far. A few days ago I met up with the UA staff member Garnet told me about and we basically spent the whole day together with him showing me around town and telling me about UA. Also turns out I didn't have to do the entrance exam cause I'm a recommended student, besides even if I did I would have missed it because the day I got here to exam had been passed a while ago. But it didn't really matter. The staff member's (hero) name I met up with is Present Mic. Ever since I got here I haven't really been out of my apartment, I mean sometimes I would leave out for most of the day and just wonder around time but I would mostly just watch TV or skype with Steven.

I turn around and make sure everything is in order before I open the door and step out then lock it behind me. At the same time I close my door and lock it the apartment door next to mine does the same. I look up curiously to see Izuku standing there dressed in the male version of the UA uniform! "Izuku/Lazuli-san? You got to UA?!" We both shout in unison as we look at the other with wide eyes. "Oh my Diamonds is this for real?!" I say excitedly as I look at Izuku with an excited smile, my eyes shining like stars. "Y-yeah! I'm going to UA too" Izuku says with a smile, looking both happy but somewhat nervous as he offers me a large smile. 

"This is so cool! Do you know what this means Izuku?" I ask the green haired boy with a large smile, "um no" he says sounding somewhat confused

"This is so cool! Do you know what this means Izuku?" I ask the green haired boy with a large smile, "um no" he says sounding somewhat confused. "We can walk to school together every morning! I always wanted to do something like that!" I tell the green haired human, still smiling. Back in Beach City Steven would always get up early to prepare for school then rush over to Connie's house so they could go to school together. Usually Steven would ride Lion, who is a giant pink lion who belonged to Rose, over to Connie's house then the two children would walk on foot the rest of the way. One time Steven and Connie rode Lion to school because they were running super late and got in trouble for coming to the school on a giant pink lion. "Of course, I always wanted to do that too!" Izuku agrees with me. 

"Well then let's go! Wouldn't want to be late on the first day" I tell Izuku and he nods as he quickly locks his apartment door and we both set off towards UA. "Um Lazuli-san?" Izuku says as we walk down a street to the train station. "Yes?" I ask as I turn my head to face him as we walk, "I-I was just wondering um, where are your shoes?" He asks with slightly red cheeks as he looks down at my bar feet. The only thing I have on my feet is my golden ankle bracelet which I decided to add back and it's literally it. Like I said earlier, us lapis lazuli types prefer to go barefoot. "I prefer not to wear shoes, because of my um....quirk. Yeah-it's easier for me to use my quirk if I don't wear shoes" I tell him half way lying. It's true that I don't like to wear shoes but not because of my quirk-I don't even have one really! "Oh okay" Izuku says and looks forward.

~~~

"Come on Izuku hurry! We're almost late!" I call out to the green haired boy who's running a few feet behind me as we rush down the halls of UA. Our train on the way to school was delayed by 15 minutes and we had to sprint the rest of the way to make it before the first bell rung! Just a few moments ago the first bell rung which tells us if we don't hurry we're going to be late! "I-I'm coming!" Izuku shouts back through his light pants as he speeds up until we're finally running side by side. "Class 1-A, class 1-A come on where is it?" Izuku says as he looks at the passing classrooms. "Ah, there it is!" I say as I point to the giant door that has "1-A" printed on it in bold red print. "Man this thing is huge! Are there giants here?" Izuku exclaims as he cranes his neck to look at the top of the door and he's right. This door is really tall! Honestly I think it's the same height as My Diamond was! Pink Diamond was somewhere around 16 feet tall and it door fits her perfectly!