Epilogue

Fear thrummed through me as I hid under the couch.

Footsteps were drawing closer, calculated and direct.

Crap, crap, crap, what do I do??

I bit my lip and squeezed my eyes shut as the footsteps halted inches from the couch in front of me. My lungs were burning from holding my breath, not daring to move a single inch.

"I know you're there," a voice called softly, deadly. "Come out now and maybe I'll go easy on you."

FRICK!

I was going to die. After everything that happened, this was how I was going to die. Where was Jungkook? Where were the others?

"FOUND YOU!"

I flinched, just managing to bite back a scream as the voice cried out in victory...

"Jungkook you're doing dishes tonight!"

My eyes snapped wide open as people began yelling and cheering. Relief poured through me as I gratefully crawled out of the sofa.

Already Namjoon, Jimin, and Hoseok were in the room where Jin was tugging out a Jungkook form behind the drapes. Soon Yoongi and Taehyung appeared grinning.

"This is so unfair!" Jungkook was complaining. "Why did we even decide to play hide-and-seek to decide who does dishes tonight?" He threw himself on the couch I'd been hiding under.

I plopped down next to him, grinning, and threw my arm around him. "It's okay, Seagull. Better luck next time."

It was New Year's Eve. Everyone had decided to meet up at the home base house for dinner before we had to part separate ways. Yoongi and Jimin were specifically going on a mission the following day.

"How much do you love me?" Jungkook abruptly turned to me.

"Wh-what?" I faltered, surprised at the change. "A-a lot...?"

"Can you help me with dishes tonight?" He asked hopefully.

I instantly saw where he was going and clicked my mouth shut. "No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Y/N!"

"Fine!" I threw my hands in the air. "But you owe me one."

"You two are so cute," Hoseok chuckled happily. "You guys have been dating for nine months though. When are you guys going to get engaged?"

"Oh in about—" Taehyung began.

Namjoon lunged forward and clapped a hand over Taehyung's mouth. "Well, it that was a delicious dinner Jin, thank you, and Taehyung you should come out with me so we can water the car together," he let out in a rush.

Taehyung was chuckling as he let himself get dragged out by Namjoon.

"Alright, let's go," Jungkook grabbed my hand and we went into the kitchen where a ridiculous amount of dishes were piled.

"Can I take back what I said earlier about helping you?" I asked hopefully.

"Nope," Jungkook grinned.

"Ergh," I groaned in misery as I slowly began to pick up the dishes.

Surprisingly for the next hour Jungkook and I worked well together and the dirty dish and pan piles were shrinking.

We finally took a break with only one more pile to go. I leaned against the counter, exhaling a little. My fingers were sore from scrubbing and there were a few cuts on them from washing some of the silverware.