11~Let's Kill This Love

[Narrator's POV]
Namjoon quietly, wearily entered the dark room.

He could hear other members down the hall joking and talking, obviously in relief of having arrived back in Korea and out of the prison cells.

He himself felt the warm rush of relief and release within his own veins, yet he couldn't celebrate with the others quite yet.

As if on cue, the back of his skin prickled slightly, signaling the familiar sense of another presence in the room.

"I know you're here," he announced, not daring to glance over his shoulder yet.

A soft, deep chuckle filled the room. "Of course you do," a voice replied. "Everyone got out of the prison in less than 7 days time just as I predicted."

Namjoon clenched his jaw a little. "I followed your words. The other members followed me."

"Yes, yes, you are the leader, I understand," the voice all but hissed impatiently.

"It was too close this time," Namjoon finally turned around. "I've always followed your words without any complaint or protest. But this time was too close. It's a miracle we all came out with the minimal injuries we did indeed receive."

Namjoon could clearly depict a figure before him. But the room was still dark, so the specific details of the figure's facial features were obscured.

"I was thrown in the prison too! And besides, I knew what I was doing," the voice took on a more clear pompous tone. "I have never failed you before have I now, Namjoon?"

"Still," Namjoon crossed his arms, struggling ever so slightly to maintain decent composure and calmness. "If it comes to the members, there's nothing in the world to me that's worth seeing them hurt."

"Not even prevention of global crisis and war?" The voice challenged.

"Humans are stupid," Namjoon promptly answered. "We always seem to be on the brink of global crisis and war no matter what happens. It's sadly nothing new."

"Yes, but this is the first time that magic and humans will clash," the voice softened. "This is nothing that you could ever imagine Namjoon if we don't act in time. You want to redeem us right? Especially after... April."

Just the mention of the date snapped the man into deep memory and pain flared up in his heart.

"You're very close to achieving all your dreams and goals," the voice brought him back to the present before he was too lost in his memories. "We obtained the Genie did we not?"

"We did," Namjoon nodded. "But Jungkook is quite adamant that the Genie is useless and he's sure that she's not the right Genie that Dexter and his Gang were trying to find."

"Well," the voice paused for the briefest of seconds. "Jungkook is right on the account that the Genie is not the one that Dexter and his pitiful members were searching for."

Namjoon's head snapped up. "What?" his voice rose into a loud, angry roar before he managed to rein in his emotions. Barely. "The whole point of finding the damn Genie lamp in Mongolia, even risking getting ourselves thrown in prison, was to prevent Dexter from finding it, thus halting his plans!"

"No, I told you obtaining this lamp would prevent Dexter and his Gang from unleashing their dumbass, yet very dangerous, global plan of destruction and power," the voice took on a dry tone. "But I never said it was the Genie that Dexter was looking for."

Namjoon opened and closed his jaw, unable to find the proper words to say. Anger as well as cold suspicion flowed through his entire body.

The figure before him sighed and shifted, so dim light cast a faded ray across the face. Big eyes met Namjoon's, dark and filled with weariness as well as a calculated, cunning look.

"Jungkook was wrong about a different aspect of the Genie," the figure pressed on. "The Genie is not entirely useless. No, she is more valuable and powerful than anyone knows. Even she doesn't know the true extent of her power."

"This seems like one of those cheesy 'she's the Chosen One' stereotypes," Namjoon narrowed his eyes. "From what I've observed with our time with her is her powers include ridiculous amount of sarcasm and biting remarks as well as transforming our clothes into anything she can imagine."

"Yes, her magic is part of what I'm talking about," the figure mused. "She just hasn't had the need to push the boundaries of her love magic until now, thus unlocking her abilities yet."

Namjoon just barely resisted the urge to roll his eyes. What was this? Star Wars 2.0? The character that seemed useless who would in the end be the most powerful character ever and be the Chosen One to save everyone's butt?

"But her true power does not lay in her magic," the voice continued. "No, it lays much more beyond. Her destiny was set the moment she became a Genie."

"What?" Namjoon furrowed his brows. "Can we stop the cryptic messages? Like, please speak either plain English or plain Korean. Either one works for me."

"Nothing is ever truly clear," the voice chuckled, clearly amused by him. "The clearest I can truly say is... well, how do you think Genies are created?"

Namjoon shrugged. "I literally didn't believe in any magic or fantasy alike until late last year. So forgive me if I'm not a mystical expert," a trickle of sarcasm edged his words.

"There are many legends. Many different cultural views of Genies and there creation," the voice sighed. "But as far as our concern, Genies are cursed creatures. Hence why they're basically creatures in eternal enslavement, serving one master to the next. They're being punished."

"Punished?"

"Yes. Punished for a terrible deed they did in their past."

"If that was the case then you'd think genies would be quite common creatures."

"No, I mean, truly terrible deeds. Deeds from the darkest of dark hearts."

Namjoon paused, narrowing eyes as he processed what the figure was saying.

The voice cackled as if sensing his thoughts. "That's right. The Love Genie, no matter how naïve, useless, or anything thenceforth she may appear, became a Genie because of a terrible deed. She committed quite an atrocity that is all but unforgiveable. And it has sealed her destiny that has now lead her to you and the group."

"What was the terrible deed?" Namjoon asked warily.

The voice giggled, growing into a loud laughter, the entire figure shaking. When it caught its breath, the voice just barely managed to get out the next words. "Love. She killed love itself. And thence, cursed to be the Genie of the very thing she hates the most."

♡|♡|♡|♡|♡|♡