14~ We're Going on a Trip...

I lazed on the pool chair, sipping on some freshly made ice lemonade and watching Jin and Hoseok playing tennis across the pool on the lawn.

Considering how serious they'd been at the beginning of the match and professional they'd talked you'd think they were Olympic stars. But the second Hoseok had served, the tennis game turned into a cross between badminton and dodgeball.

It had been a couple days since the mafian meeting. Namjoon and Jungkook specifically had made themselves scarce. Namjoon, of course, had the excuse on searching the location of Decker, or whatever the guy's name was.

Did I mention I sucked at remembering names?

Jungkook on the other hand was very obviously avoiding me. Whenever he saw me his expression would darken and he'd whip around and walk right back the way he'd just come from.

I just shrugged it off. I hadn't done anything to him personally if he wanted to be all pouty and angry to me cause of male PMS not my problem.

So it was a slight surprise when the lawn chair beside me scraped against the ground, signaling someone plopping down next to me. That someone was no other than John Jungkook.

Or wait, was it Jung? No, that didn't sound right either. That was Jimin's last name, or maybe it was Hoseok's last name. Ah forget it.

"Well, well, what did I do to deserve your royal-pain-in-the-ass company Jungkook?" I set down the glass of lemonade and straightened up next to him.

His aura was simmering, showing he was annoyed (nothing new there). So he wasn't siting next to me because he wanted to.

"While you've been lounging around and draining our supply of thin mints in the pantry, Namjoon and I have been hunting ruthlessly for Dexter," Jungkook began with his usual snide.

"First, Girl Scout thin mints are absolutely divine," I quickly corrected him, "Second, Namjoon's the one who's been searching on computers. You, on the other hand, have just been hiding in bathrooms to avoid me."

It was true: I'd rounded the corner the other day and had spied Jungkook just coming out of the bathroom. The moment he'd seen me he'd wheeled back around right where he came from and shut himself in there.

"Yeah about that," Jungkook narrowed his eyes a little. "I don't know what you did to the lock, but Jin and Taehyung had to pick the lock to help get me out."

"I enjoyed watching you trying to break down the door yourself because you were too prideful to cry out for help," I grinned unashamed.

It was pretty simple: I'd just stuck a small thumbtack inside the bathroom door lock, jamming the entire lock and making picking the lock ten times harder.

"Unbelievable," Jungkook groaned. "You're literally like that annoying little sister you can't shake off. How the heck am I supposed to survive with you for a week?"

"A week?" I frowned a little. "What do you mean?"

Jungkook sighed heavily. "Well, good news: Namjoon has pinpointed a location we believe is Dexter and his gang's current hideout. I've been assigned to check it out and confirm location. The bad news is I have to bring you with me on the mission and the location is a few days drive. A round trip will approximate to a week. And that's if nothing at all goes amiss. Namjoon is forcing me to bring you so I have no choice."

"You wouldn't have had a choice anyways," I set the glass back down. "You're kind of forgetting that you're the one who Awakened me, thus you're my master. And wherever you go, I have to follow you. It's just how the Genie thing works."