32~Scream

Taehyung (because it was indeed Kim freaking Taehyung) dragged his fingers across his (very) fake moustache almost in a comical, ponderous way.

The men around us had all shed their victorious expressions and now wore ones of pure confusion. Dexter himself seemed rendered speechless for a few seconds as he tried to grasp this brand new development.

"Who are you?" He finally demanded, finding his words.

Taehyung came to halt a few feet away from Jungkook and I with the circle of men around us. His aura was all light colors signaling serenity despite some guns already starting to be pointed towards him.

"I am, as your two captives over here just screamed, Taehyung," Taehyung continued to twirl the stupid fake moustache around a finger. "And you are, presumably, Dexter?"

"I've heard of you," Dexter took a few steps forward, eyes narrowed. "Kim Taehyung. You're one of those dang Red Agents renegades under Namjoon's command aren't you?"

"Yes and no."

"What?" Dexter paused at Taehyung's answer.

Taehyung grinned, the familiar boxy smile already beginning to melt my heart despite our dire situation. "You heard me. Yes and no."

"Are you touched in the head?" Dexter asked bluntly.

"I mean, I have been touched in the head before," Taehyung rubbed the back of his neck.

"No! I mean are you crazy?" Dexter snapped.

"Ironic, coming from an actual crazy guy such as yourself," Taehyung beamed, undeterred in the least.

The grin didn't disappear even when Dexter snapped his fingers and five men rushed forward and grabbed Taehyung. In an instant they jerked his arms behind is back viciously and all but shoved him to the ground on his knees.

He is crazy, I thought to myself as I gaped at Taehyung.

"What happened to the real drivers?" Dexter demanded, approaching Taehyung.

Jungkook hissed, making a move toward his fellow agent only to be shoved back by Dexter's big henchmen.

"Oh, they're fine," Taehyung barely winced at his arms being pinned behind him. "They're currently tied up and shoved in a McDonald's freezer. The poor manager is going to have a heart attack when he comes in this morning."

Something was tickling in the back of my head. It was similar to the feeling I'd gotten when fake-Jungkook had showed up at the door. Something wasn't adding up.

There was no way Taehyung had gotten here in just a few hours compared to the nearly two days it had taken Jungkook and I to arrive. And there was no way that Taehyung couldn't be nervous in the least about being tied down and a bullet ready to hit him.

If I couldn't see his aura I would've thought he was some real good actor. But I could see his aura, and it mirrored his expressions. Not a slightest dark color of anxiety, concern, or nervousness.

Whatever Taehyung had up his sleeve for coming here by himself and putting himself in a vulnerable position, he was certain he could easily take out the men all around us.

"This is stupid, Dex," a man called from behind me. "We should get out of here."

"Well, we would except there was supposed to be three cars coming and only one showed up with one of our enemies driving it," Dexter snapped angrily over his shoulder.

And that's when a haze blasted into my mind, making me stagger. My vision blurred momentarily, a stinging sensation entering and making my eyes water. When the feeling cleared again, everything was in a glassy-like filter. I was still surrounded by the men, Dexter still before us. But I was yelling several sarcastic remarks at them, pissing all of them off.

A lot.

Then the haze or vision thingy shattered and I was snapped into the present. My head felt slightly dizzy at the strange phenomenon. I blinked several times, eyes darting over the place.

And that's when I caught sight of it.

Dexter was speaking again. "We're going to split up. Bring Jungkook and the Genie with us. The other Red Agent can wait for the next car if they show up."

"But what if a car doesn't show up?" another man all but whined.

The memory of the vision rushed through my mind briefly.

"Aw," the words spilled from my mouth almost too easily. "Big, scary little mafian guy doesn't want to get left behind from his big, scary little mafian boss."

"Y/N what the hell?" Jungkook shot me a flinty glare.

"Repeat that again, Love Genie and you'll see what a mafia can do!" the man instantly began to march over to me.

"Darrel stand down!" Dexter yelled.

"I'm sorry," I continued to talk, a small thrill of satisfaction as darker colors including red began forming in the men's auras around us. "Did I hurt your manly pride?"

"Shut up or I'll shoot," another man snapped. "I know it won't kill you, but it sure as hell would probably be quite painful."

"Damien," Dexter now yelled.

"Good grief, do all of your names start with D?" I gasped. "I guess it makes sense because it seems your actual D is the only thing controlling everyone. So touchy, all of you sheesh."

"Y/N can you just shut up for a second?" Jungkook hissed at me desperately, gripping my arm.

Before anyone else could try becoming violent, the first scream split the air.

Everyone turned with mixed emotions as a man a few feet away collapsed, beginning to scream and clutching his head.

"What the—" someone began.

Another scream split the air, this time from a man directly beside us. Jungkook leapt back, yanking me alongside him as the thug next to us collapsed and began wailing, mirroring the first man's actions.

And then another scream. And then another.

Soon, all the men around us were all shrieking and writhing on the as if in pain. Except their eyes weren't filled with pain, but rather terror. A glassy look had fallen over all the men and they were all crying out.

Even Dexter was on the ground as well, clawing at his skull and rolling around.

Jungkook yelled in shock as Taehyung seemingly materialized beside us.

"Great job Love Genie, I see you got my message," Taehyung grinned.

"What message?" Jungkook sputtered as Taehyung grabbed him and me and began to steer us to the car. "And what is happening?"

I didn't know whether to feel shocked, scared, or impressed. Glancing back right I could clearly see all the men's auras: blue.

"KIM TAEHYUNG, WHAT IS HAPPENING?" Jungkook roared, still dazed at all the events that had just taken place as Taehyung continued to try and shove him into the car driver's seat.

I turned my head and met Taehyung's gaze. The next words from my mouth sounded deadly calm. "You're a Genie aren't you?" I asked him. "You're an Oracle Genie."

♡|♡|♡|♡|♡|♡