18~ Jesus Take the Wheel

"Agent Love, wake up, we have a situation." Someone whacked my shoulder.

Five more minutes....

"Love Genie." The 'someone' hit my shoulder, harder this time.

Darkness of sleep was starting to slip from me and I groaned a little.

"Y/N!" Now the someone practically punched my shoulder.

"OW! I'm up alright? What is wrong with you?" I yelped, jerking into full awake mode in less than 0.001 second.

It took a moment for me to recollect my surroundings. I was in some car and the driver beside me was shooting dark looks towards me. Hang on, why was he shooting me dark looks? I wasn't the one who literally just smacked him awake.

"Good job, you hit my shoulder and now it hurts but I'm awake now, you happy?" I snapped irritably.

"I've been calling your name for the past two minutes," Jungkook shook his head. "You're such a heavy sleeper."

"Whatever," I muttered, rubbing my shoulder ruefully. "Now what was so important that you had to punch me awake like that?"

"We've got a tail."

"What are you talking about?" I stretched a little in my seat, wincing as pain flared in my shoulder. "Aren't you a Homosapien? You guys don't have anything close to tails."

"No, I mean we have someone who's following us, try and keep up Agent Love," Jungkook snapped impatiently.

"Oh." I frowned and glanced over my seat.

Indeed, while we were still driving on the open highway, a green car was now behind us.

"I mean, there's literally no exit off this highway," I turned back to Jungkook. "Couldn't this guy be just headed in the same direction as us by coincidence?"

"Maybe," Jungkook muttered darkly. "I just have this bad gut feeling. First of all, we're both going 90 MPH on this highway. Most cars don't dare go that high a speed. Second, the green car came out of literally nowhere. It was as if they were hiding and then pulled out behind me when I passed."

I worked my jaw a little, Jungkook's uneasiness starting to enter me now.

"Do you have your Micro-Comm with you?"

"Yes," I reached up to touch the small metal piece in my ear.

"Make sure it's turned on in case we need to inform the others we're in trouble."

"Are we in trouble?" I asked nervously.

Jungkook's eyes flickered into the rearview mirror briefly. "Not yet."

For the next hour we continued to drive along the highway. As we approached some city, exits began appearing on the sides of the roads. Traffic slowly began to thicken the closer we drew to the city, yet the green car managed to stay right behind us.

Jungkook did some crazy lane switches and my blood chilled when the green car immediately followed our actions.

"I-I think he really is following us," I stammered.

"Great job, you're officially the last person to come to that conclusion," Jungkook's voice was tight as his eyes darted all over the place.

I could practically see the wheels in his brain turning as he was figuring out how to get us out of this situation.

"Can you love induce or do something about the driver behind us?" he demanded, making a sharp left turn as we hit the city limits. My seatbelt locked, causing my flung body to be snapped back in the seat painfully.