A New Beginning

First time reader check-in: 

Re-read check-in: 

Amazing trailer on the right by LikeaBlackbird

I looked at my room or what was to be my old room as of tomorrow. I had grown to love this place; it was my home, my haven. It took me almost one whole year to accept this place as my own.

Here I was about to start off again, life had been truly unfair to me, just as when I was to settle in one place I had to move again. My school, my teachers, my friends; I was going to miss all of them. I sighed as I put my book away; put out the lights and tucked myself under my covers. Tomorrow was going to a new day... a new beginning.

"Honey, get up it's already seven thirty." My mom said tapping me awake.

"Hmm... five more minutes, mom." I moaned in my sleep.

"Carly you have to get up, we don't have much time; it's going be a hectic day." My mom said.

I shot my eyes open and saw my mom smiling at me, she really was happy I could see it in her eyes.

"Oh yeah we moving today, I almost forgot." I said lowly.

"I'll get up." I said as I started sitting up.

My mom held my shoulders and sat down

beside me. "Honey, aren't you happy that your dad and I are getting back together?"

I smiled, "of course I'm happy mom, who wouldn't be happy that their parents are getting back together after four years."

I sighed, "It's just that I'll miss New York, my school, and all my friends. This place had become home for me too mom."

"It should be understandable for being a little disappointed leaving, right?" I asked.

"Of course sweetie, but California's your real and first home." she assured me.

"You were born and brought up there, you'll see that as soon as we reach you'll be smiling so much that your cheeks would hurt." My mom said pulling me into a small hug.

"Now come on, go shower while I whip you up some breakfast."

I nodded and smiled sweetly.

After a much needed hot shower I dressed into some denim shorts and a tank top. I had packed most of my clothes away so I only had a few out.

"Okay honey, I will." My mom said into the phone as I ate my cereal.

"Yes she's fine, and I will call you as soon as we reach."

"Bye see you, I love you too." My mom smiled as she hung up.

"Your dad's so paranoid." My mom said rolling her eyes.

I smiled to myself, hearing my mom say I love you to my dad again, made me want to jump with joy. My mom and dad had separated about four years ago; my dad was out on business too much and my mom got frustrated that he was never there for me and my mom.

So they had decided to take some time apart from each other. My mom and I had moved to New York since then. My brother stayed back in California with my dad, he had school to finish. I had just started high school so it was easy for me to move to another school. I had almost gone into a depression when we moved. I had become the new girl at school who hardly had any friends, and it took me almost a year to start becoming myself again. I had left everything behind in California. But here I was again starting over, only this time I was moving back home, back to my old school I was nervous at becoming the new girl again; the new girl at my old school was sure to be fun.