Age 11: Rain

Age 11: Rain

Suzuki Moyashi whistled as he walked home from the grocery store, having bought his favourite ice cream for him and Kyo to share later this evening. Kyo’d been a bit down about something, but Moyashi wasn’t sure what it was, or how he should help him.

“Maybe he’ll talk about it today,” Moyashi said, turning around the corner, only to be stopped. “Hello?”

The person, wearing a black jacket with red-clouds all over it, picked him up by his throat. Moyashi’s eyes widened painfully. He struggled into the person’s grip.

“I’m going to ask you one question,” the man asked him, his voice easy and slow. “Where is Naruto Uzumaki?”

The bars sticking out of his face, his purple, rippled eyes glared at him, staring him down.

Moyashi struggled, “Please, let me go,” he rasped, scrabbling at the wrist that held him, his carton of ice cream dropped to the floor.

He couldn’t tear his gaze away from those eyes. They seemed to be pulling him in—no, wrenching him in, dragging him in. Those eyes glowed dangerously purple.

“He doesn’t know,” the man holding him up off the ground said, not even a hint of disappointment in his voice.

Moyashi shouted out as he felt his throat crush, everything leaving him in a gust of wind. Moyashi ceased all movement, his hands falling away from his sides.

When the crashing began not too long ago, Kyo ran out of his and his uncle’s house.

He had to find him. He had to find his uncle.

Kyo always made sure his uncle was safe, before and after he left the house. Kyo was determined to keep that man safe.