Age 9: Meeting

Age 9: Meeting

Asuka walked into the kitchen to grab a drink for her and Asuma. Collectively, they had the day off, and planned on doing nothing all day.

They’d most likely end up watching some movies, eating junk food, and playing shogi. Some simple bonding time, that’s all.

She tossed her dad a water bottle and plopped onto the couch beside her. He took the cigarette out of his mouth. “Thanks,” he said, taking a drink from the water bottle.

Asuka looked at the cigarette between his fingers. “What’s the point in smoking?”

Asuma, looked at her. Then, he looked at the cigarette. His eyes landed on the TV screen as he shrugged. “Just a habit.” He said.

Asuka drank some of her water. “You should stop, it’s bad for you.” she said.

He shrugged lightly. “I think it’s too late for that.” Asuma said.

A few strong knocks on the door drew the conversation to a stop. Asuma stopped the movie and stood up to head over to the door. He unlocked and opened it.

“Hello?”

“Asuma-san.” The ANBU with a cat mask said as he bowed. “You and Asuka-san have been summoned to Lady Hokage’s office.” He explained.

“Hai,” Asuma said, nodding. The ANBU bowed once again before disappearing. Asuma closed the door and walked back into the living room.

“The Hokage’s requested us,” Asuma said as he walked into the room.

“I’ll go get dressed,” Asuka said, rushing off to her bedroom.

When she finished dressing, she jogged down the stairs and came to a stop in the doorway, where Asuma was waiting for her. Asuka slipped out the door, grinning at her father as she adjusted her sword on her back so it was more comfy.