Erik and Jordy took place at the table as well, so they were still with four despite Beth's absence. 

"Jordy told me what happened," Shawna said softly. "It's horrible, June, I'm so sorry. But I – I found it really hard to leave her alone yesterday. Especially after... you know... what happened to her sister."

"I get it," she answered. "I'm glad she had a shoulder to cry on. Did she call in sick today?"

"I guess." She bent her head and sighed. "This is so difficult. It feels like everything is different this year." She looked up to June again. "I'm really happy for you that things are going great between Juan and you, but I'm still glad you came to sit here. Cause I – I don't feel like hanging out with them. Well, not with Emilio at least."

June understood her all too well. She looked over her shoulder, noticing the group of boys had increased. Juan was standing a little apart from them, looking conflicted, but he walked over to their booth once he caught her glance.

"You all can sit with us too if you like," he said after flopping down on the chair next to her, pecking her lips. His hand covered hers. "We're not going to spend our breaks separated, right?"

June sighed. "Not all your friends have been nice to my friends. You know all about Emilio's cheap shots, and by way of introduction he even dragged Erik from his seat yesterday because he wanted to sit next to me." She turned her hand around so their palms were resting on top of each other. "Maybe we can alternate. One day I'll sit with your friends, next day you'll sit with mine?"

"Yeah... we can do that." He showed her a smile, convincing her he really believed it was a good idea. 

However; as much as they liked the idea, Emilio seemed to pick Juan over his other friends, for he shoved a chair towards them. 

"I've always wanted to sit at the nerd table." He smirked at Erik, who looked away awkwardly. 

"You think you're smart enough to join us?" Jordy asked with raised eyebrows.

June was glad her friend could still give smart answers, for Shawna was staring at her plate and she didn't expect Erik to say much either. 

"Dunno. You girls got some freaky puzzle I gotta solve before I'm accepted to the nerd club? Or can I just fuck one of you like my homie does?" He grabbed the can of coke Erik had just opened, took a swig and kept it in his hand. "So what do ya think, biggie?" He nudged Shawna's elbow. "Bet you're still a virgin. Want me to pop your cherry? Never done it with a fatty, maybe it's gonna be my new kink."

Shawna said nothing, still staring at her plate. June knew for sure the sandwich on it would remain untouched until the end of the day. 

"Can you please leave?" June sighed.

"Why? I'm good here." He lifted his eyebrows. "And I was tryin' to be nice man. It's pathetic that she's still a virgin at sixteen. It's a noble gesture that I want to give her a hand."

"Dude, you're really talkin' shit now," Juan answered annoyed. 

"Oh right, you two are still only holding hands too." He chuckled. "Such a good girls and guys here." He nudged Erik. "What about you, curly? You ever fucked?"

"Maybe we should applaud E for not being a virgin anymore. Apparently losing his virginity was quite an achievement for him," Jordy suggested, clapping her hands. 

Juan smirked at her, applauding too. As people were starting to look to them, Jordy stood up. 

"Come on guys, give Emilio a standing ovation, today he's celebrating the loss of his virginity. He's providing free consultancies, is willing to demonstrate a thing or two; so desperate girls, take your chance! And boys – well, I bet this super experimental guy wouldn't mind to try out some things with you too."