"I think you're protectiveness is hot," she whispered, pressing her hands against his chest. 

There was a strange knot in her stomach; she had never called anything hot. Her voice didn't sound like hers, making her blush a bit. The surprise was also visible in Juan's eyes, and before she could disappoint him, she pressed her lips against his, a little more roughly than she usually did. 

He responded immediately, letting himself being pushed against the lockers willingly. His left hand glided to her neck, the other shoved into her back pocket, pulling her closer. The growing bulge in his pants still made her blush, and she thought about yesterday, when she had touched his boxers for the first time. As if he relived the same memory, he squeezed his right hand, causing June to suck his bottom lip. A pleasant shiver rolled down her spine as he softly moaned into her mouth. Tension rose in her whole body, to such an extent she regretted not being alone with him. With flushing cheeks, she broke the kiss.

Juan was grinning like he had won the jackpot. "Maybe I should use that key my brother was talking about," he muttered.

"Key?" she asked. 

He pecked her lips. "Never mind." He took her hand. "With which class do you start?"

"Economics."

"I'll take you there."

June wanted to tell him he didn't have to, but Juan smirked at her as he read the objection in her eyes, pulling her towards the stairs.

As June entered the classroom, most seats were already taken. Jordy and Shawna were sitting next to each other, with Emilio and Riley behind them. She waved at her friends. Shawna was the only one smiling back; Jordy sat reversed on her chair and was trying to punch Emilio's arm, who was tying up pens in her hair. Both were laughing, and June stared a little overwhelmed at them, wondering if she had ever seen Emilio laugh without making fun of someone.

Riley was leaning against the wall, balancing her chair on two legs. The moment she saw June, she smirked, forming a heart with her thumbs and forefingers and signalling with her eyes to the two. June gave her a small smile in return, not sure if this was a development she liked. Emilio had broken Jordy's heart by dropping all contact until the end of the summer, and June had hoped that her friend would be over him by now. However, one look told her there was still something going on between them – and suddenly Emilio felt like a textbook case of a teenage boy teasing girls to get their attention. 

Tearing away her glance from them, she looked around to find a seat herself. Her eyes wandered across the room until they found the brown curls she had been looking for, and a moment later she asked Erik if she could sit next to him. 

"Hey! Yeah, sure!" He looked skittishly over his shoulder, to the corner where Emilio was sitting. "That is, if he's not sending me away again..."

"I don't think he saw me entering the room at all. And even if he did; I'm not going to sit next to him during all classes. One is more than enough." She sat down.  "Sorry for yesterday. I was really upset."

"It's okay, it sounded pretty tough. Umm... I know you barely know me... but if you ever feel the need to get something off your chest..." He shrugged his shoulders. "I'm a good listener." He gave her a brief smile. 

"Thanks." June smiled back. It was a long time ago she had felt so comfortable around someone, not feeling the need to contemplate every word she said. 

Two quiet hours followed. While they were doing their assignments they chatted a bit, and when they walked to the lunchroom by the end of class, she introduced him to Jordy and Shawna. Once she entered the lunchroom, she stood still, hesitating. Her glance glided to the spot where Juan and his friends were usually sitting, but she didn't see him. When Shawna walked to their table, she decided to sit with her friend. Since school had started, they hadn't even talked.