The Domino Effect

"Yo dudes, listen up! I have an important announcement to make!" Alfred announced, standing up onto the bench at the table and hauling reluctant Kiku up with him.

The other occupants of the so called 'family table' rolled their eyes at his dramatic announcement but looked up in interest to hear what he had to say. Thank god that his boisterous voice wasn't too noticeable over the loud chatter already present in the cafeteria.

"Me and Kiku are now officially together!" The American said, pulling the blushing boy closer by his waist and smiling cutely. Surprisingly enough, Kiku proceeded to pull Alfred's face down for a deep kiss, making Antonio, Francis and Gilbert to whistle and make dirty remarks while their tsundere boyfriends cringed and Matthew flushed. Feliciano cheered for them while Ludwig remained as stoic as usual, if not for a hint of pink on his cheeks.

"Alfred, get down from there, you're making a scene!" Arthur yelled, even though the American's announcement didn't attract attention, their intimate kiss certainly did.

The newest couple broke off the kiss, Kiku's whole face beet red while Alfred smirked slyly.

"Oh shut up old man, you're just jealous that we're more passionate than you two will ever be, right babe?" He asked his boyfriend for his opinion and sat down nonetheless. Kiku simply gave a little laugh and hid his scarlet face.

Arthur scowled, but didn't bother bickering with the dimwit for a change. Instead, it was Francis who took the offense to heart. He leaned in closer to Arthur and purred into his ear.

"What does he know about passion, right babe?" He emphasised the last word in a mocking way as a jab towards Alfred, but Arthur stiffened up like he didn't get the joke.

All he hoped for was to stir the Briton enough to make him initiate a kiss to annoy Alfred, as he's come to notice that Arthur often kissed him on his own accord when provoked. Too bad his plan didn't work out as smoothly as he hoped.

"Don't call me that." He declared, voice attempting to be assertive yet it came out more as an apprehensive mumble.

"Are you okay? Why can't I call you that?" Francis queried, obviously befuddled by his strange behaviour.

"Do you need reasons for everything?" He retaliated, glaring at him like that uncomfortable moment never happened.

"When you react like that, yes, I do."

Arthur continued to glare at him for a millisecond before he broke eye contact as his head fell down.

"It's nothing. I'm gonna go." He stated firmly, getting up out of his seat, obviously planning to ditch the situation before Francis kept bugging him.

"Wait, where are you going? Arthur!" He called out but the recipient of his shouts didn't want to associate with him any longer.

Francis quickly darted after him and caught his hand to try and talk to him.

"What's the matter with what I said?" He questioned but the only response he received was a spiteful glower.

"Leave me alone," he ordered harshly, eyes darting between Francis to behind him, to see that everyone at the table was gawking at them. Great. Now he'd be the talk of the town.

"Why did you want to leave so suddenly? What's wro-"

"Nothing!" Arthur yelled, cutting him off mid sentence and startling the life out of him.

"Not everything in my life has to do with you, Francis. Now for the love of god, would you leave me alone!" Arthur shouted, yanking his hand off his and rushing out of the cafeteria, leaving the Frenchman so utterly confused.