Therefore, Arthur Is Not Allowed In The Kitchen

The rest of the week went by dreadfully. Francis and Arthur both were ignoring each other completely; pretending like the other didn't exist at all. Arthur felt a tad bit guilty about it developing into such a huge problem, but because Francis was ignoring him, he was ignoring him back.

Even at school, they would barely communicate! It was so awkward sitting at their table. Antonio and Gilbert would try to make them talk, but they wouldn't fall for it. The others were startled by their sudden change, but they didn't wait to question it since they both looked really mad.

That Saturday, Arthur decided he would give it one last go. It was part of the plan, anyway. He would make dinner and apologise, and if that didn't work, then he would have to.... Well, he hadn't thought about that yet. It just... Better work so he wouldn't have to think of another plan!

Francis had been out with Gilbert and Antonio since 10 am and he guessed he wouldn't be back in a while so Arthur decided to claim the kitchen for a few hours.

With those thoughts in his mind, and a book entitled 'How to cook for people who burn down the kitchen when they try to do so: volume 3' in his hand, he happily headed to the kitchen.

************Time Skip!***********

When Francis returned to the house at 1, he sensed something was.... How to put it.... 'Unusual'. It was unusually quiet, for starters, and that was weird since it was usually quiet in the house anyway, because Arthur was always reading in the living room. This quiet was.... Too quiet.

When he got to the living room, he didn't see Arthur there as he kind of expected. If Arthur was going to be anywhere, it was two places: the living room on his favourite olivaceous couch that he silently claimed as his own, or his bedroom.

After knocking at Arthur's door and checking inside to find no one there, he was starting to get confused.

'Where could he be? Did someone kidnap him? No way, why would they want a stupid teenager with the ugliest pair of eyebrows ever! Maybe he went on a walk! Oui, that was probably it,' the French teen concluded.

He couldn't shake off that feeling though, the feeling of something wrong was lingering in his head. He couldn't help but worry if something happened to-

'Non, I'm not worried! Why would I be worried? I don't even care about him!

Do I?'

Francis shook his head and dismissed those thoughts. Of course he didn't care! Arthur doesn't care about him, so why should he?

A clatter from the kitchen interrupted him from his thoughts.

"Arthur?" Francis called out. He was supposed to pretend he didn't hear that, considering their game to ignore each other, but he had to. The sound was from the kitchen. His kitchen.

"Oh! Francis, you're back? I didn't hear you come in!" Arthur's voice rang back, from the kitchen.

HIS kitchen.

"ArthurwhatareyoudoinginMYkitchen?!?" Francis rapidly yelled.

"Um... Don't worry, I'll make sure nothing happens to anything in the kitchen. Promise! Just give me a few hours!" Arthur yelled back.

Francis took a deep breath and tried to calm himself. He had silently claimed the kitchen as his, but it was also Arthur's because they shared the house. It wouldn't hurt to give Arthur a few hours to use it.... could it?

"Okay.... fine," Francis called out. He didn't completely trust Arthur but he had to give him a chance.

Biggest mistake ever.