On The First Day Of School

Francis had never felt so betrayed before.

Of course, he had felt this way many times before, but never to this extent.

He had felt stabbed in the back when his only friend(who shall not be named)sided with his old school bullies to make fun of him.

He felt even worse than when his parents suggested that he go to America to finish his studies.

Suggested? Scratch that, forced him to go to America to finish his studies.

The point is, he felt really deceived when Arthur was insulting him behind his back.

The next morning, Francis tried to avoid Arthur as best as he could, and he ignored his attempts of saying sorry. The French teen was grateful that there was school today, he wouldn't need to try to stay away from him there.

Or so he thought. 

Francis was arranging his books in his assigned locker, when he saw a familiar mop of blonde locks looking around like a child that lost its mother in a large crowd.

He thought his mind was playing tricks on him at first, but then he saw the guy turn around to face him and he stared back at Francis with wide green eyes. Above them were those unmistakable pare of bushy eyebrows which confirmed his suspicions of this person being Arthur.

Neither moved from their spots, 10 feet in between them and kept on staring awkwardly at each other, as the students all headed quickly towards their classes. Francis didn't want to commence a chat because for one, he was supposed to be ignoring the Brit and not talk to him. And Arthur, he just felt embarrassed on asking Francis for help on finding his class. He doubted he could assist him, anyway.

Arthur finally grabbed the courage to talk to the other blonde.

"Um, I didn't know you went to this school?" Arthur awkwardly started, rubbing the back of his neck and blushing.

"Well, I didn't know you come here either." He answered back spitefully; giving a question back for a question.

Arthur looked sadly up at Francis and heaved out deeply before talking again.

"Look, I'm really-"

Francis turned around to his locker, quickly finished up organizing his books and slammed it shut which cut off Arthur's sentence.

"What was that? I couldn't hear you over all the commotion!" Francis asked, pretending he didn't care and glaring menacingly at the shorter blonde. The mixed expression of fright, guilt and sadness on Arthur's face made Francis feel remorseful about shouting at him. The Brit looked like a hurt puppy who had been hit with a cane.

Arthur just hung his head and sped off down the hallway.

'Great, just great,' the French thought to himself gloomily, then left to get to his class.

************Time Skip!*************

"Okay Francis, you can sit down next to Antonio," the teacher told him, and pointed to where a tan male was sitting. At the mention of his name, Antonio looked up, smiled brightly and waved at him.

"Hola, I'm Antonio as you probably know already, and this is Gilbert," he stated, gesturing to the albino beside him.

"Hallo," Gilbert greeted with a smile.

"Salut!" Francis greeted back, with a huge smile of his own.

"Are you from France?" The two friends asked him.

"Oui, and I'm guessing you two are from Spain and Germany?"

"Yup!" The Spanish male agreed. Francis felt like these two could be great friends of his.