The 'Family' Visits

In the morning, Arthur and Matthew were quite bored as neither Alfred nor Francis were there with them, but the kind nurse Elizabeta came to visit. Her happy attitude seemed contagious as her smile made both Matthew and Arthur smile as well.

She sat down in the empty seat that Francis normally sat in as it was the closest to her.

"How are you this fine morning?" She asked both of them, gesturing to the window like an actor would do in a Shakespeare play. The teens just shrugged, as if to say they were good. And no, it wasn't because of bad weather that they we're down. The weather outside was all sunshine and clear skies, but that made them more sullen since they couldn't go outside an enjoy the nice weather.

"You two look miserable today! I thought the sunshine would make you feel better!" The Hungarian exclaimed.

"That's exactly the problem. The weather is so nice, but we can't go outside..." Matthew told her, head hanging low.

"Oh come on you two, stop sulking! You know what? Why don't we play a game?" She asked.

"What kind of game? It better not be childish!" Arthur stated.

"Of course not. Let's play... Try not to laugh," she said, a smirk growing in her face.

"I think we'll win this. I'm in no mood to laugh," the Brit claimed, face blank.

"Oh, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna win. I've got a secret weapon," she told them and winked.

She got up and slowly headed towards them, still smirking.

Then she started tickling both of them, making the boys start laughing and begging for her to stop.

"You laughed! So I win!" Elizabeta announced and retracted her hands letting the males calm down from their laughter.

"Okay, okay, you win..." Matthew and Arthur agreed with her breathlessly.

The female laughed lightly and settled down into her chair again.

Now that the two were refreshed and happy, Elizabeta started talking to them about random subjects. She asked how school was for them, while they asked what it was like to work in a hospital and so on so forth. They continued talking for a while, till the nurse had to leave.

"It was so nice talking to you both!  Sadly, I've got to go now," she said as she checked the time on her watch.

"Thank you for visiting and taking time to talk to us," Arthur thanked her. Elizabeta smiled brightly at the duo and left the room.

Matthew and Arthur then started chatting to each other afterwards.

***********Time Skip!***********

A light knock on the door interrupted them from their conversation about life in their respective countries. Both heads turned to face the door, and in came a tanned woman with long, flowing black hair and coffee brown eyes. A small smile was on her face, but even if it wasn't there, you could see her eyes smiling brightly.

"Mom!" The Canadian exclaimed joyfully. The lady ran to him and pulled him into a bone-crushing hug. A trait which Alfred received.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't visit you sooner, I only got a break from work now," she told him, sincerely. Matthew nodded understandingly and smiled at her. She smiled back at him.

"Also your brother briefly mentioned to immediately visit you tomorrow, he said it was urgent but I don't understand. Are you sick?" She asked him, concerned. Matthew just shook his head, and that's when she noticed Arthur in the corner of her peripheral vision.