The Green-Eyed Monster

Monday morning, first period was when his living hell started.

Arthur was sitting at his desk like a good child, unlike the others who were standing and running and some who were even standing on the desks.

Francis was of course, kneeling by Arthur's desk with his hands balanced on the table, trying to woo the Brit, but Arthur of course, was ignoring him and reading.

Suddenly, the doorknob of the class room door was twisted around, making all the students out of their seats rush to them quickly, including Francis which Arthur silently thanked the deities above for.

In came a young girl with dirty blonde hair and striking teal eyes. She had a bright smile on her face that didn't falter even when she noticed everyone in the room was staring her down.

The students continued staring, some motioning to empty seats beside them where she could sit, but she walked in and sat down in the unoccupied seat beside Francis, disappointing them but Francis smiled sweetly at her. Too sweetly, if Arthur had a say in it.

"Bonjour mademoiselle!" Francis greeted politely.

"Vous parlez français?"(you speak French?) The new girl asked surprisedly to her neighbour.

"Je suis français,"(I am French) Francis told her with a smirk.

"Génial! Je suis française aussi!" The blonde stated and the pair then continued talking and talking in their mother tongue, which irritated Arthur to no end to hear the two people sitting beside him conversing in the froggy language. He (tried) distracted himself by doodling on the back of his notebook.

Ten minutes later the teacher arrived and Maths class commenced. They were soon asked to split up into pairs for group work, and Arthur's eyes wandered over to his roommate as Francis was always begging him to work together. Of course, Arthur played hard to get all the time but in the end he always succumbed to the elder.

He was waiting for the French to ask again always does these days, but that's when he saw his typical partner had already gone off and was laughing and talking with the new girl, it seemed like they were partners already.

Ouch. It really felt like a blow to his chest.

Arthur reluctantly ended up as Antonio's partner as Gilbert was absent that day for unknown reasons, he probably was just too lazy.

Throughout the activity they were supposed to do, Arthur's attention kept snapping back to the French pair beside him. They seemed to be working so greatly together, Arthur was envious.

Wait, no. He wasn't jealous! It's just... Antonio was such an idiot that he'd rather Francis as his partner as he could actually do some work. Yeah...

He tried to concentrate on the maths equations on his sheet but his eyes kept on going back to the blonds. Ugh, they were too sappy.

"Earth to Arthur, I repeat, Earth to Arthur can you hear me?" Antonio waved his hand in front of the Brit's face, snapping him out of his trance.

"What?!" Arthur shouted.

"You were staring at Francis and the new girl for like twenty minutes now, estas bien?" The Spaniard enquired because he's a good person.

"Yeah, yeah, fine." He shooed Antonio away with a flick of his hands.

Antonio looked at him comfusedly with a neglected pout and then a knowing smirk formed on his face and decided not to let him be.

"You jealous?" The brunet asked instantly gaining a reaction from the younger.