Hangovers Are A Bitch

Arthur wearily blinked open his eyes, and the first thing he did was groan in pain. Once again, Arthur had woken up with a splitting headache. The natural sunlight beaming at him, a curse to his sensitive eyes. Why did he have to drink so much the previous night?

The previous night. Oh dear, what happened? He could barely make out the reason why he drank so much, but it must have been bad...

Joan confessed to Francis. That's what it was! And him, being the sore loser he is, decided to drink his pains away.

His head hurt like hell, especially when he strained himself to think but he had to. Or else he'd have no context and he'd make an even bigger fool of himself.

He went home 'sick'... Made a mess... And found Francis' stash of drinks... and drank whatever amount, he couldn't remember how much. Francis came home.... They started arguing.... Then...

He had confessed to Francis too! Holy tea gods, he'd actually told him-

Arthur reddened wildly as he recalled what happened and squirmed on the couch out of embarrassment and held his head. He'd actually told him he liked him?! What an idiot! Ugh, Arthur! Why do you have to be so humiliating while drunk!

'Well, I guess it is my fault for getting drunk in the first place...' he reprimanded himself, and smacked his forehead as punishment.

Wait, but hadn't Francis shared his feelings? Hadn't he said he liked him back?! Or...

'Was it just a dream?' he wondered and deflated at the thought. It would make sense if it was, nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary except for him waking up hungover on the couch, but then again, that wasn't too odd.

He shook his head to rid the thoughts and decided to get up off the uncomfortable sofa. His muscles ached as he got up, his head was spinning but served him right for getting pissed and nodding off on the god damn couch!

He checked the hallways for the supposed mess he made, but it was immaculately clean like it had never been bothered in its entire existence. So was it a dream...?

He headed to the kitchen, where a pleasant aroma had hit his nose. It smelt like walking into a bakery full of freshly made goods and enticed him to take a look.

Arthur peaked in curiously to make sure he was wanted there. A few seconds later he caught the attention of Francis, who seemed to sense his staring. He left his job of organising the pastries on the table and turned around, smiling brightly at him and beckoning him inside.

Arthur just blinked in surprise, it seemed like nothing changed. So... Had he not confessed after all? Or had none of it happened and Joan was still crushing on him secretly? He had no clue, but he didn't want to ask and ruin Francis' happiness.

This wasn't a dream was it? Maybe everything did happen but his mind was coming up with possible outcomes?

Nah, the excruciating headache he had proved that theory wrong.

"Bonjour!" Francis greeted merrily. He seemed to be over the moon this morning, the dining table decorated with all sorts of mouth-watering- I mean they weren't that tasty looking, pastries.

"M-mornin'," Arthur greeted back, but he sounded like absolute crap. He cleared his throat and hesitantly walked into the kitchen from behind his hiding place.

"How you feeling? You drank a lot last night."

So he did drink! That made sense, but that further proved that Joan had actually confessed so... The end result?

"Awful, but that's normal. I'll get over it eventually," he answered.

"What's the occasion?" He asked, quizzically, wiping the sleep from his eyes. He wondered why Francis seemed so exuberant and had made all these treats this morning. Even for Francis it wasn't very typical.