TEAMWORK makes the DREAM WORK!

A.N: Sorry for the long wait everyone. School has been.... eh. So I would have less time to write. But here it is!!

Enjooy!!!

____________________________________________

Shikamaru, with his shoulders slumped, dragged his feet towards the training ground. He looked up the sky and groaned as he realized that the sun isn't even up yet.

When he arrived at the training ground, he noticed that Sasuke is already there, leaning back on one of the logs in the middle of the field, with his eyes closed.

Sasuke craked one of his eyes open when he heard someone approaching him. He nods at Shikamaru as a greeting. The latter just grumbled as he passed by Sasuke.

Shikamaru laid down on the ground next to Sasuke. He sighed as he looked up to observe the clouds drifting in the sky.

Minutes have passed when Shikamaru noticed that the person next to him moved within his vision. He discreetly glanced at Sasuke and saw him standing straight looking at something in front of him as if expecting someone to come.

Suddenly, a small tornado of red petals manifested in front of them, and in the middle of the petals is a panting red headed boy. Sasuke walked towards Atsuko and stood in front of him with a questioning glance while looking at his cheeks.

"I was just caught off guard, that's all. No need to worry Sasuke." He gently smiled at Sasuke.

Shikamaru observed Atsuko thinking why Sasuke was worried when he noticed a cut on his left cheek. His narrowed at the sight of the cut.

'It's still bleeding. The wound just happened this morning. What happened to him?' Shikamaru pondered.

The more he looked at Atsuko, the more he noticed his appearance. The crumpled clothes has some tears, he also have some healing bruises on his legs and arms, and a small scar on his pale neck.

He was cut off on his thoughts when Atsuko exclaimed and started to rummage on his pouch.

"Oh yeah! I brought us some food! Eventhough Kakashi-san recommended not to eat, I still brought some just in case one of you didn't really eat." He took out a scroll and unsealed it. Few apples popped out the scroll.

He offered an apple to Sasuke. He moved towards Shikamaru as Sasuke accepted the food without complains. He reached out a hand to Shikamaru. As he took hold of the hand, he pulled him up until Shikamaru was sitting up. He tossed him an apple.

"I just got those apples from the market place earlier, so its still quite fresh." He absentmindly touched the cut on his cheeks as he said this.

"Thank you for the apple." Shikamaru noticed the actions and kept it in his mind for later.

"Hn." Sasuke thanked as he took a bite of the apple that was given to him.

"No problem!" He smiled widely as he sat next to Shikamaru to eat his own apple.

Silence settled in the field as they ate their food. Each of them quietly glanced at each other, as they waited for their sensei to arrive.

"So..." Atsuko started, breaking the silence.

"...What do we do now?"

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Hours Later at the Training Grounds.

Kakashi just finished visiting the memorial stone when he suddenly appeared with a smile on his face.

"Hello kids. I hope you didn't wait too long."