Chapter 12

I found out the next day that my mom was in fact going to make it. In celebration, everyday for the rest of that week was spent with the guys and Lisa. Frank and Gerard finally got together after Kim decided Gerard wasn't cool enough for her. Of course, Lisa asked questions.

"Gee," she poked Gerard's shoulder "why do you and Frankie hold hands so much?"

"Because, I really like him. He's my boyfriend now." Gerard answered sweetly.

"Boyfriend? What do you do with him?" She asked, twirling a strand of hair around her chubby finger.

"Everything a boyfriend and girlfriend do, but we're both boys."

"Oh. Can I be the flower girl at your wedding?"

"Honey," Gerard said, tilting her chin up with two fingers "I don't want anyone BUT you to do it."

Satisfied with the answer, Lisa walked off to go find Ray, who she had began calling Princess Fro Fro. She really liked his hair.

I was giggling about the wedding thing when Mikey promptly sat himself on my lap. Gerard and Frank had wandered off so I was stuck here.

"Mikey, your ass is so bony." I whined, laughing at the same time.

"You know what else is bony?" He winked.

"You're nasty!" I pushed him off of me.

"I was gonna say the skeleton cutout I just made but I see what you're after."

"Oh, shut it, Way. I don't want you."

He leaned in close, touching my nose with his. He stared straight into my eyes.

"Are you sure?" His voice was considerably lower...it was kind of hot.

My breath hitched in my throat and I couldn't talk, so I just nodded.

Mikey closed the gap between our lips first, putting his hand on my cheek. I didn't hesitate or pull away. This isn't something I should be doing. I need to stop.
Pull away, I thought. Pull away now.
I followed my own orders hesitantly. The second we stopped, I came crashing down to reality. Welcome to a whole other world of awkwardness, brought to you by Liza. Oh God, Mikey's gonna think I'm a freak.
"Liza? Are you okay?" He asked, looking at me with concern.
"Oh, um, yeah. Just fine. Why did you do that?"
"Because, I really like you and it just seemed right to do at the moment and I'm sorry."
"It's fine. But maybe we should wait a little bit until we decide anything, like, romance wise. Although, I do happen to really like you." I explained, trying to sound confident in my decisions. I didn't believe myself, but Mikey bought it.
Just how much longer will it last?