Chapter 32

Hey guys! Just a quick note to say there will be a few time skips in the next chapters just so this book doesn't drag out longer than I've said. But, I'm gonna try and make them the longer chapters. I'm also getting my info off of Google so if it's incorrect, please let me know and I'll fix it ASAP.

Liza's POV.
Later that day, Donna and Mikey went with me to my mom's house in Hoboken. We pulled up to a fairly large two story house. It was white with red shutters and a red door. When I rang the doorbell, I started thinking of ways to tell her. My mom, beautiful as ever, opened the door.
"Liza! Mikey! Oh it's good to see you both!" She hugged us and I could smell her old perfume. "Are you Mikey's mother?"
"Yeah. It's nice to meet you, my name is Donna." Donna smiled and shook my mom's hand.
"I'm Christina, but you can call me Christy, if you'd like. Come on in!"
We walk in and the cool air of the house is a relief compared to the summer outside. Lisa and Dave are sitting on the couch watching some cartoon. Lisa sees me and runs over immediately, giving me a rather tight hug.
"Liza! I missed you!"
"I missed you, too, sweetie."
She hugged Mikey and sheepishly waved at Donna before going to the couch. Dave waved at us. He couldn't get up since Lisa and snuggled into his side. You can't just move when someone does that. It's illegal. Especially puppies.
A few minutes later, we were all sitting in the living room, and a pitcher of lemonade sat on the table in the middle of the room. It was mostly small talk fot a while. A lot "how've you been?" and "what do you do?". But then, my mom asked the question.
"So, what brought you guys to Hoboken?"
I take a deep breath and look at Donna. She smiles at me. Mikey takes my hand and suddenly, this is a lot easier.
"I...We," I look at Mikey "have something to tell you. And I don't want you to blame Donna or Don because they have been nothing short of perfect. But, Mom, I'm pregnant. I found out today and I wanted to tell you in person, so Donna drove us up here to tell you." I calmly wait for her reaction.
"...I'm not mad. I'm not happy but I'm not mad. I trust Donna can take perfect care of all your needs until I can use my vacation days at work?"
"Yeah. Thanks, Mom. I'm really sorry."
She smiles, "Don't be. It took a lot of guts to tell me."
We all sit around for a while. Mikey sat next to me, absentmindedly rubbing my stomach.
God, I love him.

We went home around two o'clock. I decided to tell my dad and Monica. Mikey went with me, though.
"I made this thing, too. Just let me go." he had pleaded.
We walked hand in hand to my old house. There was only one car in the driveway.
That's strange, I thought.
I knocked on the door and my dad answered. He didn't smell like alcohol. The house was clean, for the most part.
What the fuck is this sorcery?
"Liza! Honey, come in. Oh God, am I glad to see you. How are you?" He asks, ushering us in.
"Good. Where's Monica?" I ask.
"I dumped her about a week after you left. I'm so sorry, Liza. You shouldn't forgive me and I know I'm a piece of sh-"
I cut him off by hugging him.
"Dad, it's okay. I'm not mad. But, we have something to ask you."
He nodded and we sat down.
"So, Mr. Chapel," Mikey begins "do you prefer Grandpa or Pops?"
It takes a second to register, but my dad's face lights up.
"You're...?" He asks, pointing at my stomach.
Not waiting for an answer, he jumps up and cheers. He hugs me and we're happy again. Everyone is taking the news so well.

The next day, I'm in the doctor's office for my prenatal scans and stuff. Gerard and Mikey are with me and Gerard is keeping Frank updated. They do a Urinalysis, HIV, syphilis, Hepatitis B, and many, many other tests. My doctor is a woman in what I presume to be her late thirties. She has shiny black hair and white teeth. She tells me to go ahead and get some prenatal vitamins, and that my other medicine was safe to take. It was a short appointment really. So, Gerard drove Mikey and I to the pharmacy to get the prenatal vitamins and we go home.
My dad, Don, and Donna are waiting for us in the living room and they all seem really happy with each other.
"So how'd it go?" Don asks me, seeming to warm up to the idea of being a grandpa.
"Great! I've got my vitamins, my medicine is okay to take, and we're almost all set." I say cheerfully. Mikey touches my stomach some more, proud of what he helped make.
"Speaking of all set," Donna begins "Don, your father, and I have decided that for your birthday tomorrow, we can buy you a few baby things to get you started. I know how hard it is being a teenager and a mom, so we wanna help out."
Tears prick my eyes and I nod, thanking her.
Mikey and I go to his room and lay down. He kept touching my stomach and smiling.
"I can't wait to be a dad. This is going to be so great. I promise, I'll start looking for a job tomorrow. And I'll even ask our parents about co-signing on an apartment, until later this year when I'm 18. Sound good?"
"That sounds wonderful."
Not too long after that, and we're asleep.