Chapter 18

Liza's POV
I laid on my bed, bored out of my mind and worried about poor little Lisa when Mikey texted me.
From: Monkey
Hey! Do you wanna come over later? Gee, Frank, Ray and Bob are all gonna be over.
I smiled at his new contact name, giggling at my own "cleverness".
To: Monkey
Sure. I actually have some left over cookie dough. I'll make some and be over.
From: Monkey
You're amazing.
I smiled and went downstairs, tying my now fading hair into a bun. I washed my hands and got to work.

Twenty minutes and lots of ingested cookie dough later, I started getting ready. Rushing up the stairs, I took a shower, dried and straightened my hair before running around like a naked chicken trying to find my skinny jeans in the mess of my closet.
"Where the fuck are they?," I asked myself.
Aha! I spotted the leg of them and pulled them out of the drawer I had already checked like, twice.
Jumping, wriggling, and making many attractive poses, I got them on. Stupid wet legs. I tore my closet apart to find my favorite shirt. A white shirt decorated by Lisa when she was littler for her kindergarten class. It was covered in purple, red, and green handprints and said my name on the back in large, scrawling print. I loved it so much.
I put the cookies in a small container, snapped the lid on, and started the walk to Mikey's. I walked in the door and immediately the cookies were taken from my hand. The culprit was Bob. He flung the lid across the room and took a bite of a cookie.
"Oh sweet baby Jesus. They're chocolate chip cookies. I think I just orgasmed holy shit." He said through a mouthful of cookie.
Frank, Ray, Mikey and Gerard all got one, and there was still quite a few left so I helped myself to one. We all sat around in the Way's living room, chatting.
"Hey, did anyone understand last night's Algebra homework? That assignment made me wanna shoot myself." Frank joked.
None of us really got it, except Mikey and Ray. Bob laughed and called them nerds.
"Aw, look at wittle Mikey trying to impress his girlfriend by being all smart!" Gerard cooed. I giggled when Mikey shot him a glare.
"Well, you could impress Frank if you knew what we were talking about, college boy."
Gerard was an art student. He had told us many times that, as an adult, he never used ninety percent of what we learned in a real life situation, except class.
"Sure, I've needed math," he would say "but I've never needed to know how long it would take a train to get from Chicago to New York, or what the unit price of sixty watermelons is."
After a while, Ray left because Christa needed him for something. I told him to give her the rest of the cookies. Gerard and Frank went upstairs, and Bob went to the convenience store for a pack of cigarettes and some candy.
Mikey sat behind me on the couch and I sat between his legs. He played with my hair and I sighed, laying my ead against his thigh.
"Mikey," I said "if it's okay with our parents, can I stay over tonight?"
"Liza, it's a school night, sweetheart. I'm fine with it, but our parents probably won't be" He sighed and continued to mess with my hair.
"Can we ask?" I questioned.
"Sure."

His parents said yes, surprisingly. Mine, however, did not. I got to hear it on the phone outside.
"Liza Christine Chapel, what makes you think me or your father would let you stay at your boyfriend's house overnight?" My mother scolded.
"Um, I don't know. I just thought it'd be okay since you guys have been really lenient in the past. Sorry, I was wrong." I was a little disappointed.
"Go home, right now. Your father will talk to you. Goodbye, Liza. I love you."
"Bye, Mom. I love you, too."
I hung up and went inside.
"It's a no go," I say with a sigh and sit on the couch.
"Aww," Mikey and Gerard say simultaneously.
"I'm gonna head home so my dad can yell at me." I state half-heartedly.
"Okay, babe. I'll text you later, alright?" Mikey says.
"Okay. Bye guys. Tell Bob I said bye when he gets back."

I get home and see my father waiting for me. There is a strange woman on the couch behind him. Now, don't get me wrong, my dad isn't a bad looking guy. He's in his mid-forties, but he definitely doesn't look like it. Overall, he's pretty well-groomed and presentable, and with the hazel eyes and brown hair, he's always been an eye catcher. However, this chick is out of his league. Early thirties, dark curly hair, nice figure, tan skin, and piercing blue eyes.
"Liza, sit down. We need to talk about some things."
Of course, he talked to me about Mikey and stuff. Then he addressed the woman.
"This is Monica. Monica, this is my daughter, Liza."
She smiled at me and gave me a hug. She was wearing a form fitting, red, silky dress and black heels, although she still wasn't taller than me. Her many bracelets jingled, and she smelled like vanilla perfume.
"Hi! Oh, it's so nice to meet you! I've heard nothing but wonderful things about you from your father."

I hate her already.