Chapter 15

Guys, I just wanna say, thank you SO much. In 4 days I went from 800 or so reads, to 1.02k. You are all amazing. I'm not gonna say we did it together. It was all you. I just wrote this shit and you guys liked it apparently. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You're the bestest friends ever.
Mikey's POV
Today, since Liza has been down the past three days due to her sister leaving, I'm taking Liza to a small diner in our town called Angie's. I approached her between classes. She had barely bothered with her hair today, and she looked like all she had done was put on shoes and left the house.
"Hey, gorgeous." I greeted her.
"Hi Mikey."
Oh dear God, she even sounds like she doesn't care.
"Listen, I know you're sad. I wanna take you out tonight, get your mind off things. What do you say?"
"...sure. What time?" She asks, sounding slightly perked up.
"Is six o' clock good with you?"
"That's perfect. I'll see you then, Mikey."
"See ya later sweetheart."

It's about half past five when I start getting ready. Quickly, I shower and get dressed. I look over myself in the mirror. Not too casual, but not too fancy either. Good job, Mikey. You did something right. I walk to Liza's house. It's only a ten minute walk, so it'll be about time once I get there.
I walk up the familiar steps to her porch and knock on the door. Her dad answers, smiling at me.
"Mikey! How are you? Come in, come in! Liza's upstairs with Frank. She'll be down shortly."
Frank? What the hell is he doing up there? I mean, I know he and Gerard are together, but...isn't Liza getting dressed? Liza comes down the stairs, and she looks wonderful, per usual. Frank is talking to her and they hug at the bottom of the stairs. He whispers something to her and she laughs.
"Hi Mikey!" She smiles at me and stands by my side.
"Have her back by 9 o' clock, Michael." Her dad says menacingly.
"Yes, sir." I gulp.
"Bye, Frank! Bye, dad!" She calls as we walk out.

We arrive at the diner about ten minutes later. She goes to open the door and I put her hand down, opening it for her.
"Why the hell are you being so nice to me? Are you about to tell me I have, like, AIDs or something?" She jokes.
"I'm just trying to be a gentlemen but fine, be that way!"
We laugh and sit down. An older woman in a blue uniform takes our order. She smells like cigarettes and her apron has stains all over it. In faded red embroidery, it reads "Angie".
"What can I get you two to drink?"
"Pepsi, please." Liza says sweetly.
"Uh, same. Thanks."
Dear God, I can't do anything.
"So, what's this all about Mikey?"
I look at her inquisitively.
"What do you mean? Can't I just take out my number one girl?" She blushes at this.
"I'm just curious. This was really nice of you, though. Thanks."
"No problem."
We smile and I lay my hand on top of hers.
"Here's your drinks," Angie says, setting our glasses on the table, "are you ready to order?"
"Yeah. Can I get a hamburger with fries?" Liza asks. I don't know why. Of course she can.
Angie nods and turns to me.
"Um, I just want a tuna melt. Please."
She writes it down.
Liza looks at me seriously.
"Listen, Mikey, I really appreciate you doing this. I-"
"Liza, sweetheart, don't worry about it. It's fine."
"No, Mikey, I was gonna say I-"
"Didn't bring money? That's fine. My treat."
She sighed in frustration.
"No, Mikey, I-"
"Here's your food. Enjoy." Angie says as she sets the food carelessly on the table.
We dig in, Liza's statement long abandoned for food.

I pay the check, a total of fifteen dollars and a five dollar tip. Grabbing a mint each from a small bowl upfront, we walk out of the restaurant, Liza laughing at something I said.
Suddenly, she stops.
"Liza, what's wro-"
I'm cut off by the warmth of her lips against mine, and her arms around my neck. She's standing on her tippy toes.
Aw.
I wrap my arms around her waist and kiss back. We pull away and she hugs me.
"I like you a lot, Mikey. It's what I was trying to say earlier."
"Liza?" I say cautiously. "Will you be my girlfriend?"
"Yeah. Yeah, I'd like that."

Alright, I'm gonna leave this here! Thanks again guys. Remember to leave feedback, and maybe what you'd like to see in the next chapters. Bye!
- Claire.