Chapter 31

Liza's POV
Three weeks after the playground incident, I went into the bathroom and grabbed a tampon, ready for Shark Week. How sucky, right? Period three days before my 17th birthday. However, when I pulled down my pants, I noticed that there was no blood.
Okay, no big deal. I'm probably just stressed with all the homework I have to do. No biggie.
After a few minutes, I felt acid in my throat. I quickly turned around and threw up in the toilet, barely making it.
I immediately dialed Frank. He would know what to do.
"Hello?" He answered groggily.
"Frank. Frank my period's late and I just threw up and it's 9am and I'm stressed out help."
"Is Mikey not awake yet? Or Gerard? Or their parents?"
I sighed in frustration.
"No, just me. Frank I don't know what to do I'm about to cry please come help me." Tears pricked my eyes and my voice broke. I sniffled a little.
"Jesus. Wait, you may just be sick."
"No, Frank, Mikey and I had sex like three weeks ago. Oh my God, what if I'm pregnant? I can't raise a baby. I am a baby."
By now I was sobbing and trying to be quiet. Frank sighed and I could hear the rustling of jeans as he put them on.
"I'm going to the store now. Anything else you need, babe?" He asked.
"No. Just get here before they wake up."

Thirty minutes later, I was crying in Frank's arms on the bathroom floor with two positive pregnancy tests next to us. He shushed me and rubbed my back.
"Liza, it's gonna be okay, dude. He won't be mad." Frank said, sighing.
"But, I'm pregnant and we've only been dating for four months. I'm such a bad person, oh my God." I sobbed.
"You can't help that you got pregnant. It was pretty spontaneous from what you told me. He won't be mad. I promise. And if he is, I'll deal with it. Everything will be okay, sweetheart. Trust me."
I sniffled and nodded, rubbing my face dry with my hands.
"Okay. Thank you, Frank. I love you so much."
We hugged and he told me he loved me too. Then, I hid the pregnancy tests in a drawer in my room and laid down. I rubbed my stomach.
Wow, there's like, an alien in there.
I giggled at that and immediately felt sick again. I ran to the bathroom and threw up more stomach acid.
I need to eat. And call my doctor and see if my pills are safe to take during pregnancy.
Pregnancy. Pregnant. Me. I'm pregnant. Mikey made me pregnant. We're pregnant.
Suddenly, I was very, very happy. I walked quickly down the stairs and to Frank. He opened his arms for a hug and I jumped, wrapping my legs around his waist.
"I'm pregnant!" I whispered harshly.
We both smiled and squealed a little. I saw he had made a bowl of cereal and stole a few bites. Then, he offered to help make breakfast.
So, I made the eggs, bacon, hash browns, and coffee and he got the muffins started. He kept touching my stomach and I laughed. He's excited to be an uncle.
When breakfast was done, everyone was awake. Everyone sat at the table except me. I served them all and rejected any offers of help. I need everyone in a good mood when I tell them.
"Liza, sit down and eat, honey! You've done nothing but work the entire time." Don, Mikey and Gerard's father, said.
"No it's okay! It's about time I earn my keep around here. I'll eat when I'm done cleaning up. Promise."
With that, I cleaned my room, Mikey's room, Gerard's room, and Mr. and Mrs' Way's room. Then I cleaned up the living room and kitchen, then the dining room since everyone had left their plates at my request.
When I was done, I went upstairs and got the tests. Sliding them in the waist band of my shorts, I went downstairs where everyone was talking in the living room.
Frank looked at me and smiled, silently encouraging me.
"Liza, sit down. You'll run yourself ragged!" Mikey said, patting his lap.
"No, there's something I need to tell you all that I found out this morning." When I say this, they all look at me, silent.
"Um, Frank knows because he helped me out, a lot. I should've told Mikey before breakfast, but I couldn't find an appropriate way to bring it up. So, without further a due, I'm pregnant." I close my eyes and wait for a berating.
Instead, I feel arms wrap around me and a kiss planted on my cheek.
It's Mikey. He hugs me for a long time and I feel...a tear? drop on to my collarbone.
"I...oh my God. You're gonna be a mom!" Gerard's voice rises at the end and he jumps up in excitement. He runs and hugs me from behind and now I'm a hug sandwich. Frank joins in. Donna has a look of disbelief, concern, and happiness on her face.
"I'M GOING TO BE A GRANDMA!" She yells and cheers. "I THOUGHT I'D NEVER HAVE GRANDCHILDREN!"
She's crying, I'm crying, and Mikey's crying. Don and Gerard are talking in the background.
"We have to tell Bob and Ray!" Mikey insists.
"We have to tell her mother!" Donna butts in.
Suddenly the house is very loud. I've never been so happy.

Alright, I know it's predictable, but it's happy and everything will tie together in the end. Which is about three chapters away so either tonight, tomorrow, or the next day this is coming to an end. Don't worry, this isn't John Green sad story time. Everything is smooth sailing now. Promise.
Claire