Chapter...10?

Mikey and I haven't spoken to each other in two weeks, when he kissed me. I just feel really awkward about the whole thing, I mean on one hand I'm in less-than-love-more-than-like with him, but I also fucking hate him because instead of talking about his problems, he chose to try and drink them away. I was sitting in my room, waiting for my little sister to wake up when the phone rang. Quickly, I ran downstairs to pick it up.

"Hello?," I answered, trying my best to be polite.

"Is this the Chapel residence?" The voice, a woman's voice, said.

"Yes. Who is this?"

"This is the hospital. Your parents were in an accident. Your father is fine but...I'm afraid your mother is not so fine. She's been in surgery for about thirty minutes." She said solemnly.

I hung up and practically threw the phone down. My sister was sleeping peacefully on the couch. I shook her shoulder.

"Get up and get dressed, we're going to Frank's, okay?"

She yawned sleepily and started up the stairs to her room. I pulled on a hoodie, considering it was raining, and put my phone in my pants pocket.

"Lisa, are you ready yet?" I called up the stairs.

She came down, dressed in a Winnie the Pooh sweatshirt, purple sweatpants, and light up sneakers. I picked her up and went out the door, running across the street to Frank's house. His mom wasn't home but I knew I could call Gerard from his phone and get a ride. I knocked on the door and he answered after a few minutes.

"Liza! Lisa! What are you guys doing out there?! Come inside right now." He move out of the way, scolding us playfully.

"Frank I need your phone," I covered Lisa's ears, "our parents are in the hospital. Mom may not make it."

His eyes widened and he handed me his phone. I found Gerard in his contacts under 'Gee Baby <3' and called it.

"Frank it's like 9:30 I can't even think about coming over." Gerard answered groggily.

"It's Liza. I need a ride to the hospital. Like, as soon as possible."

"One ride, coming up ASAP. What about Lisa?"

"She's gonna stay here with Frank," he rolled his eyes and grinned, taking her from me "and I'd appreciate that if you come back to Frank's you don't tell her what's going on."

"Okay, I'm on my way now."

I waited for Gerard to arrive, and when he did, I kissed Lisa goodbye and left.

Once I was safely in the passenger seat of Gerard's car, I started to cry.

"What am I gonna do Gerard? My dad works so much and I can't raise a five year old on my own. I'm fucking sixteen! I have school and I have to find a job and how am I even going to begin to explain why her mom didn't come home?!"

"Honey," he said calmly "it's all gonna be okay. You know you have me, Frank, Mikey, Ray, and even Bob to help you. I'm sure you could do it, even if your dad is gone a lot. But right now, let's focus on getting you to the hospital. Do you want me to stay with you when we get there?"

I just nodded and wiped my eyes. After what seemed like forever, we pulled up to the hospital and we started walking up to the doors. Gerard put his arms around my waist and hugged me and I hugged him back and cried a little more.

Gerard told the secretary lady who I was. She told us the doctor would be out with the results of my mother's surgery in about three to four hours. I laid my head on Gerard's shoulder and cried. He kissed my cheek and told me everything would be fine.

If only I believed him.

BRUH. 200+ READS

IM FRICKING CRYING

ILY ALL SO MUCH

WTF HOW

THIS STORY IS LITERALLY SHIT.

Anyways, I can't sleep so hmu and Imma be updating.

-Claire