Chapter 27

Mikey's an adorable baby. That is all.
Liza's POV
I knew my fairy tale stay at Mikey's had to end soon, so I went home at three that afternoon. When I got there, the house was still pretty clean. Awesome! I went to my room, and that's when shit got bad. All of my stuff was gone. I walked out and walked back in. Still gone. I pinched myself, too. Nope. Nothing. I walked downstairs and found my dad and dad's bitch in the kitchen.
"Um, where's my stuff?" I asked.
My dad sighed and looked at me...lovingly?
"Monica...Monica's kicking you out, sweetheart."
My entire world came crashing down.
"What? No! No, you can't do that! I'm sixteen, well, almost seventeen, for God's sake! Why?"
"You're always gone," Monica sneered "probably off fucking your little boyfriend. So, you can stay gone now. And your daddy can't do anything about it, or I'll make both of your lives a living Hell."
"You already have, bitch. Also, stop wearing those stupid ass night gowns. You're getting fat with all the eating you do."
She scoffed and looked to my dad. He just stood up and hugged me. That has to be the only time I've ever heard my dad actually sob. I've heard him cry, but never like this.
"I'm sorry, baby." he choked "I can't help it."
"It's okay, dad. I'll be okay, I promise." I assured him.
We should be reversed. I should be crying and he should be comforting me and I hate this. I grabbed my pills and my clothes from the garbage bags in the bathroom, a box and a half of tampons, and twenty bucks and set out.
I went to Mikey's, just to see. With my luck, and the stupid March weather, it started raining before I got there, leaving me soaked before I even got to his house. When I knocked, Donna, their mother, answered.
"Liza! Oh honey, you must be freezing! Come in!" She said worriedly. I walked in and stood on their worn out Welcome mat until she came back with a towel and some clothes.
"The clothes are Mikey's. He'll be down in--"
I heard fast footsteps on the stairs and I was engulfed by a lanky body.
"Now." She finished, laughing.
"Mikey, I'm wet, get off me." I giggled as I pushed him away.
I took the clothes and towel from Donna, thanking her and went to change.
I came back in a large Iron Maiden shirt and blue plaid boxers, and my hair was attractively wrapped in a towel.
"Um, Liza," Mikey said, holding one of my garbage bags "what are these?"
"My, uh...my dad and Monica kicked me out because they said I'm gone too much...screwing you." I said, ashamed.
"Oh.," he said "are you gonna live with your mom?"
"I don't want to," I sighed "I don't wanna leave you guys. But I really don't have a choice."
"Well..." Donna said slowly "I could talk to Don about you staying here, if that's okay with you and your mother, most importantly."
"Are you kidding?," I asked, in shock "That would be wonderful! Thank you so much."
"Although," she says "there would obviously be rules."
"Understandable," I say "what are they?"
"Yeah, what are they?" Mikey butts in.
"You'd have to sleep in a different room than Mikey. You can hang out with him all day or whatever, but you have to sleep in a different room. Curfew is always eleven o'clock and help around the house is always appreciated. Sound good?" She asks.
"It sounds wonderful. Thank you so much, Donna. You can never understand how much this means to me. Let me call my mom."

I went into the next room and dialed my mom's number. She picked up on the fourth ring.
"Hello?" She answers.
"Hey, mom. It's Liza, obviously." I say, and I can almost hear her smile.
"Hey, sweetie! How are you?"
"Um," I start "kinda bad. Dad and Monica kicked me out and I was wondering, uh, instead of staying with you, where I'd have to leave all my friends, if I could stay at Mikey's or something. His mom already said it was okay."
"Oh!," She said, a hint of displeasure in her voice "well...I suppose it's alright...and she said it was okay?"
"Yeah."
"Well...okay. Just don't get pregnant."
We hung up and I told Mikey and Donna the good news.
"Alright, I talked to Don while you were gone and he's fine with it, so, welcome to the household, Liza."
"Thank you, Donna." I said, and with that, I was shown to my room.

Hey, hey, hey! It's me again! So, what'd you guys who read this think? I really hope you liked it and remember, feedback is seriously appreciated. Thanks! I love you guys
((good vibes))
claire