Chapter 14

Quick note guys! Chapter 13 was SUPPOSED to go up yesterday but my internet has been problematic as of late. I'm so glad this story has virtually doubled stats wise (800+ reads, 30 comments, 50 or more votes). It is truly amazing you could all deal with my terrible updating/writing. So, with all that sappy shit and this apology out of the way, let's start this chapter!
Liza's POV
My dad and I were sitting in my mom's hospital room, a cup of coffee in each hand. Every once in a while, my mom's eyes would flutter just the slightest bit, or I would see her hand barely twitch. I knew she would be awake soon. My dad has barely slept since he's been here. He looks...guilty? I hope he doesn't think the crash was his fault. I mean, it's been two weeks. Surely by now he would know...but what if that's not it? Suddenly, I'm curious.
"Dad?", I ask cautiously. He looks at me, his eyes bloodshot and his cheeks stubbly and tear-stained. "What happened when you guys crashed?"
He sighed and looked at me solemnly.
"We were fighting. Your mother and I...our marriage is basically falling apart. Lisa is too young to notice, thank God, and you...Liza you know things aren't the best between us. Your mother has been seeing someone else for the past six months. She said she needed someone there, not a boring workaholic. And, to be fair, your mother is, what, six years younger than me? She could do better. I need someone a little more settled and...she needs someone a little younger and more free. You'll like the guy, honestly. His name is Dave Bonham. He absolutely adores Lisa, I just don't think she knows about him and your mother. She's gonna live with them in Hoboken. You can go with them if you want, or you can stay with me."
"Oh."
That's all I can say. A simple oh. My father told me all that and all I can give him is an oh. I was too fucking selfish to notice. Too busy with Mikey.
"I wanna live with you dad. I can't leave my friends."
Especially not Mikey...
Three weeks later...
My mom, her boyfriend, and my dad finished packing up the moving truck. They all get along great, which is fine by me. Lisa has been attached to me like lint on a hoodie since she woke up. She knew she was going to Hoboken.
"Lisa! It's time to go sweetheart!" My mom calls to her and Lisa bursts into tears, breaking my heart at once.
"Mommy, I'm gonna miss them! I don't wanna go yet!," she sobs, jumping out of my arms and running to our dad and hugging his legs. He picks her up.
"Lisa, you'll see us in a few weeks, sweetie. Time will go by fast, I promise. I just need you to be a good girl for mommy and Dave, okay? You're always gonna be my little girl and I love you so, so much."
She nods, wiping her eyes. She hugs me and tells me she loves me.
"I love you too, kiddo. I'll see you in a few weeks, alright? And I promise, you, me, and Frankie will all go to the park and play." I assure her.
"Gee too?" She asks.
"Gee too."
With that, she goes to the car and they pull away, moving truck behind them.
I go inside, lay down in the middle of her room and I cry.
I miss her so much already.