Chapter 28

Liza's POV
When all my stuff was unpacked and put away, I went and sat with Frank, Gerard, Mikey, Ray, and Bob in Gerard's room. They were teasing Ray about something and he looked not very happy about it.
"What are you guys laughing at?" I asked.
"We found," Frank said between laughs "we found his dirty texts with Christa."
Ray put his face in his hands and made an exasperated groan sound.
"Leave him alone. Besides Frank, I've seen what you and Gerard talk about. You have no room to be laughing."
That shut him up real quick.
"Anyways," I continued "I have good, or bad, depends on if you like me or not, news! I'm gonna be living here now."
Gerard groaned.
"Look," he said "I'm happy. Really, that's great. Just fuck my brother quietly if you must."
Mikey frowned and I blushed, looking at my feet.
"Shut the fuck up, Gerard." Mikey says.
We sit down and hang out with them for a while, and everything is better. I forget about the results of my CT scan. I forget about Monica. I forget about the blood constantly Niagra falling from between my legs. I forget about the shitty circumstances and find myself lost in a dizzy storm of laughter and Mario Kart.
"Fuck you, Liza!" Frank yells "You're cheating!"
"No, you just suck dick!" I yell back.
"Hey!," Gerard interrupts "what we do is none of your business!"
"I'm gonna be sick." Mikey fake gags.
Bob and Ray were on their phones.
"Frank, calm down, sweetheart. It's just a game." Gerard says sweetly.
Sweetheart.
S w e e t h e a r t.
"Awww!" I said.
They are honestly so cute. It makes me a little jealous. Fun fact, I had the biggest crush on Gerard last year and knowing Frank liked him made me kinda mad. But then I realized how much more I liked Mikey, and all I wanted was him. Scratch that, all I want is him. He's just so...he's amazing. I lo-...no. No I don't. I don't love him. We've only been together for three months. I can't fall in love in three months...can I? No, of course I can't. It's ridiculous to think I can.
"Liza? Are you okay, babe?" Mikey asked me. I came out of my thoughts.
"Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm fine. Where is everybody?" I ask.
"They went downstairs to get a snack before bed. Speaking of which, you look really tired. You should go to bed." He says. a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips.
"Yeah. I am kinda tired. Getting kicked out is pretty exhausting, believe it or not."
He walked me to my room and saw my bass in the corner.
"Hey, we should play together sometime." He says, still looking at it.
"Tomorrow after school?" I ask, hoping for a yes.
"Sure."
He walks over and tilts my head up to look at him. He stares at me for a few seconds and leans in. I feel his lips on mine and gladly reciprocate.
"Goodnight, babe. I'll see you in the morning."
He leaves my room and I sigh.
"Goodnight. I love you." I whisper, getting into bed.