Chapter 30

Liza's POV
"I love you."
I regretted it the second I said it. I knew I shouldn't have. There was undeniable shock on his face. I'm going to scare him off. I'm so stupid.
Yeah, you stupid bitch. What makes you think you can fall in love in three months? Did you really expect a fairytale moment when he says it back? Of course not. He doesn't love you. He never has. And he never. fucking. will. Accept that fact and move on. Pathetic dumbass.
"Liza? Did you hear me?" Mikey asked, waving a hand in front of my face.
"Huh? Oh, sorry, no." I was mortified. I had been so lost in my own thoughts that I had ignored him.
"I said, 'I love you, too.'"
I didn't notice I was crying until Mikey was hugging me, and the spot my tears made was pressed against my cheek.
"Why are you crying?" he asked, rubbing my back in hopes to console me.
"I didn't think you would say it back."
"Why wouldn't I?" There is a certain incredulousness to his question that slightly irritated me.
"Because I'm stupid. Because I don't love myself. Because one day you'll get tired of me seeing myself as blue and you seeing me as red and you will leave me and find someone better and all I'll be to you is a memory and I'll never be ready for that Mikey." I sobbed a little at the last sentence, and he hugged me tighter.
"Liza, what do you mean blue and red?"
"I'm blue, Mikey. I'm not confident, I'm not that pretty, I'm not that smart or funny or anything. I'm just here and I'm just blue. But, you think I'm red. You think I'm smart, pretty, funny, and confident and all these good things. And eventually, you're gonna get tired of convincing me. But until that day comes, I love you." I was done crying by now, but stayed in the same position. He kept rubbing my back.
"I love you, too, Liza."

Later that day, I sat with Mikey and Gerard on their couch watching whatever garbage was on the TV. Their parents were out grocery shopping so it was just us. I got up to go take my pill. As I filled my glass at the tap, I started thinking about how lucky I was to have the friends I do. Once my glass was filled, I popped the pill in my mouth and swallowed it with the water. I felt a pair of hands wrap around my waist in a tight hug. Mikey kissed my cheek and rested his chin on my head.
"Hey, can we go on a date tomorrow?" I ask.
Mikey chuckles and kisses the top of my head.
"Sure. Meet up by the backdoors after school?"
I nod and we go back to the couch with Gerard. I see a Jaws-a-thon on one channel and immediately switch it to that. Fuck yeah, Jaws-a-thon.

The next day at school is a tough one. All the classes have a progress test and I struggle through a few of them. History and Math in particular. However, I breeze through Science. English takes a bit longer, however, because we had to write a stupid essay.
As promised, after school I wait by the backdoors for Mikey. There's a fence at the back that, after climbing it and a half mile walk, leads to an abandoned playground. All the equipment is rusted and sun bleached and the shrubs, trees, and grass have overgrown. But, it's peaceful. No screaming little brats to ruin it.
Mikey shows up after five minutes and, hand-in-hand, we make our way to the playground.
The jungle gym in the middle is rusted and creaks under the weight of my foot when I start to climb it.
"Oh, hell no. I'm not dying on a creepy ass jungle gym." I say, stepping off.
Mikey laughs and tells me I'm cute. I hug him. We hug for a long time, simply enjoying the feeling of human embrace. After a minute or two, I press my lips to his. What started as a sweet little kiss turns into something more. Mikey shoves me roughly against the climbing wall and our kiss deepens. This is it, I think
I'm going to lose my virginity in this old creepy playground.
And I did.

"Mikey, if you don't give me my shirt right now I will beat the shit out of you.
We were at the entrance to the path back to the school. Mikey had thrown my shirt over there, beat me to it, and had it again.
"But why? Your bra is super cute."
He says the last part in an especially effeminate voice.
"Mikey," I whine, dragging out the 'e', "please?"
He smiles and gives it to me. Then, we go home.

Ayy, they did the sex. So we are at 9.87k and I'm like about to pee because WOW that's a big number. Thank you guys soo much and don't forget, I love feedback so don't hesitate to vote/comment. Thanks!
xx
Claire