Chapter 21

Guys, it's been two years since MCR did the thing. Friendly reminder.
The next day, I sat by myself, plucking away at my bass. I had brought it from Frank's earlier and he didn't talk to me about Alicia or anything. He told me Mikey wanted to talk to me sometime today. That thought scared me.
He's gonna dump you. He hates you for what you did to Alicia. He still loves her and you'll never be good enough.
I turned up the volume on my amp to drown out my thoughts. I was working on a new line, and it was pretty groovy. I may talk to Gerard about him writing lyrics to it. Yeah, that'd be nice.

I got a text from Mikey around three o'clock, asking me to come around to his place. I started getting dressed, puling on my white skinny jeans and a Smashing Pumpkins shirt. As I went downstairs, I got stopped by my father.
"Where do you think you're going?" He asked, a hint of alcohol on his breath.
"To Mikey's," I said as if it were obvious.
"Not until you clean this house! Monica told me you trashed it and called her a bitch! Clean this up, now!"
This was a side of my father I've never known before. Muttering to myself, I got to picking up our living room. I saw Monica standing by the door laughing. I walked up to her and punched her in the mouth. Wait, no I didn't. My hand hit the wall.
But...she was just right there, wasn't she? I swear I saw her. Maybe I'm just too mad to think straight. Yeah, that's it.

After I picked up, it was time for my first mental test...thing. I told Mikey I would swing by his house afterwards. Monica, my father and I all piled into the car. We drove down to a mental health center about thirty minutes away. I went inside, told the lady at the desk I was seeing Dr. Lecter (A/N I like him okay), and went on in.
He was an older man, with slicked back greying hair and dull blue eyes. He smiled at me.
"Hello, Elizabeth. Please, take a seat."
I sat down on the couch, the cracking brown leather sinking beneath me.
"So," he begins, looking at me "I've been told you've been having out of the ordinary violent thoughts. Can you tell me about these thoughts?" He asks me, readjusting hisself in his seat.
"Of course. It's like, when I get really mad at someone or something, these thoughts come in...involuntarily, though. But, it's like...you know the voice you usually hear in your thoughts? You know, the one you think with? Well, it's not that one, it's a different one. Like, when I beat that girl up. It said 'I'm going to beat her fucking face in. I'm going to turn around, tackle her stick ass to the ground, and make her regret saying that.' And when my dad's girlfriend made a huge mess in the kitchen! I thought 'Stupid, rotten cow.'"
I didn't dare tell him I had thought to kill her. He would tell them and they would send me away. She's always trying to send me away.
Suddenly, Alicia was in the room. She was pointing a gun at me.
"See you in Hell, bitch." She said this as she went to pull the trigger.
I screamed, grabbed the vase on the table in front of me, and threw it.
It hit the wall with a smash and I was dumbfounded.
"She...she was right there. She was going to kill me. You saw it! You heard it! Tell me you saw her!" I was frantically shouting now.
Dr. Lecter jotted down some notes and looked at me.
"I'm gonna see about scheduling you for a CT/MRI scan. You may leave now, Miss Chapel."
And so I did.