Chapter 16

Liza's POV
He asked me to be his girlfriend. Mikey. Fucking. Way. He may not be famous, but fuck it's about time. When Mikey walked me home, he hugged me goodbye. I went inside, ran past my dad and up the stairs to my room. I opened my room's window and threw things at Frank's window until he opened it.
"What?," he asked excitedly.
"Mikey asked me to be his girlfriend...," I said, trailing off.
"And? What did you say?!" His eyes widened in anticipation of my answer.
"...I said yes, dumbass!"
We laugh and he congratulates me. Going back into my room, I shut my window and check my phone. I have a text from Mikey.
From: Mikey
Goodnight, princess. Sleep well.
I quickly type out a goodnight and go to bed, a smile on my face.

I wake up at 3am, three hours before my alarm goes off. I'm in a cold sweat, product of my nightmares. I check my phone and see a text from Frank, received 15 minutes earlier.
From: Frank
Can I come over? I need to talk to you about Gerard and me.
I told him yes, and in about three minutes he was crawling through my window.
"What's up, Frankenstein?" I asked him casually.
"Gerard's mad at me and I don't know what I did."
His voice was quavering and I felt so bad for him.
"Oh, sweetheart, what happened?" I hugged him.
"He just told me that what I did was wrong and he just needs time to think, but I don't know what I did!"
At this point, he started crying. I dialed Gerard's number.
"Hello?," he answered groggily.
"Gerard Arthur Way, if you know what's good for you, you'll tell me what Frank did that was so terrible that you can't talk it out like a mature adult."
He sighed and I could hear him sit up.
"I heard that you two kissed from some people at school, okay? I didn't wanna believe it but...you two are just so close that I couldn't help it. Is he okay?"
"He's fine, but we didn't kiss. I think you should apologize to him."
I handed the phone to Frank and there was a slight pause.
"I'm sorry, too. I should've just asked you what I supposedly did. I'll see you in a few hours, I'm not going to school today." He smiled and hung up.
"Thank you, Liza," he hugged me again "thank you for being a scary bitch and a good friend."

Hey! Sorry this is so short, I promise I'm gonna try and make longer chapters. I just haven't had much inspiration later. Is there anything you guys wanna see? Also, thank you SO much for 1.31k reads and 83 favorites! That's actually insane! I love you guys.
~ Claire