I Will Drown in Student Debt

August 15, 2019

I have not wholly relaxed since I received my financial aid package for college in late July. As I mentioned before, I submitted a Special Circumstances Appeal to my financial aid advisor last week-asking for $10,000 of extra aid due to special circumstances-and I will have a response by the end of the day tomorrow. I'm so nervous. I haven't been able to sleep these past couple of nights. The worst case scenario is that my appeal is denied, and I receive no extra aid. The best case scenario is that I receive the extra $10,000 in the form of a grant. But the most probable scenario is that I receive a decent amount of additional aid in the form of student loans. And I am dreading taking out student loans.

Please wish me luck. I plan to update tomorrow evening, but if I am too sad and/or disappointed to write, you'll likely hear from me in a few days. ✖️✖️✖️

Update: August 16, 2019

Hello, everyone. I haven't gotten an update on my status yet, but the official response date was today. I plan to call the financial aid office when they reopen on Monday. Until then, I have been researching and applying to external scholarships to earn extra aid. I also plan to start my ASMR YouTube channel as soon as I move on campus, but I can't expect to earn a good income from that for awhile. On that note, do you like ASMR? If you do, please comment mic recommendations. Thankfully, my dad has agreed to buy a quality mic for me, and his limit is $120.