Where is Fantasyland?

2/27/21 - 11:38 P.M

I'm going to romanticize my life.

Starting tomorrow, everything will be beautiful. Everything will be art. My problems? A movie for someone to enjoy. A book, perhaps, or stories for someone to read in a published journal. I'll have morning tea and listen to audiobooks in the shower. I'll pamper myself and my body. I'll appreciate the little things, the lights, the sounds, the tastes. Life is meant to be enjoyed. Remember that, okay? People swear that you're supposed to suffer, that you don't deserve to be happy until you've "paid your dues." Well, I'm going to be honest, and I can be honest because this is my journal and it is anonymous. That's right, India is an alias—obviously. Anyway, I'm an entitled brat. I'm privileged and entitled and apparently naïve. And I don't want to be in this system anymore. This system where you develop depression chasing the things that supposedly make us feel whole: money, status, acceptance, blah, blah, blah. I'm retreating into fantasyland where it's much more fun. And we care about the things that matter! We've got love and magic and art and color and light and... we've got everything and more. I'm going there, and I'm staying there. And I'm bringing Prince Charming and my ENTP friend (an unnamed anti-hero), and my girls, and we're going to live a wonderful life. And where is fantasyland you may wonder? Well, it's not really a place. It's a mindset. And the first step to transitioning is to romanticize your life. To live in fantasyland is to live in color. It's to navigate through life as if you're in a vibrant painting. Every detail has meaning. Every detail is art.