14

14

“The best way to not get your heart broken?

Pretend you don’t have one,”- Charlie Sheen

Olie

One Piece Season 7

I hate being called weak. I hate being called pathetic all of the synonyms that go with it. And it’s only because of one reason, but if it weren’t for that reason then I wouldn’t be the person that I am today.

      She was beautiful. Strawberry blond pin-straight hair that went to her shoulders, she had bright sky blue eyes, and luminescent milky-white skin. It was as if somebody took dirt to her nose and sprinkled freckles all over her nose and cheeks. She didn’t deserve to have her life taken away. It should have been me, and if I had fought for the girl that I loved then we would both be here together.

        “Ol' you’ve got to focus,” Nate had told me during a personal training session I had with him one afternoon when I was 14. But when you’re that young all you can think about is girls. All I could think about was showing off to one in particular girl.

      “When can I stop?” I wondered dreadfully.

      “When you stop complaining,” Nate had smiled back at me.

      I remembered thinking that me verbally stop complaining would take forever. “But the guys are going swimming his afternoon by the docks,” I had said to Nate trying to get out of training for another two hours.

      “You know what happens when you ditch our sessions to go and do something else,” Nate tried to warn me but I was too careless.

      Answering I replied, “I’ll have to make it up later in the day, twice,”

      “So you make your decision on what you want to do,”

      Dropping the weights I ran out of the weight room and bolted to the locker-room to put my swim –trunks on. I then ran down to the docks to catch up with my friends. Just some guys and some girls my age, but one girl specifically that I was dying to see. Averee

      Averee was the sweetest girl in the world. She was kind and bubbly and just loved life, that’s mostly what made me fall in love with her. Her laugh was also infectious but you would still love hearing it. All other girls would have crushes on me and try to get me interested in them but Averee was the only girl I wanted.

      “So Zach are you going to jump?” Josh asked in the water 20 feet down from below the cliff we were on top of.

      All of us had just witnessed before one of my old friends Josh jumping his way fearlessly down a cliff with no second thoughts. Zach was another one of our friends who was a little more skeptical about jumping from a cliff 20 feet in the air.

      “Umm, what about you Ol'?” Zach had asked me looking over at me and Averee and one of her friends.

      I looked over at Averee becoming as dubious as Zach was she goes backing away from the rocks. “You go first Zach,” I told him walking over by Averee.

      “Haha, no,” he laughed to himself still looking over the edge.

      “Come on don’t look over the edge just jump,” Josh called over from the water.

      “You know that feeling you get when you're standing on a cliff 20 feet above water with a sudden urge to jump?... It’s not happening,” Zach turned around.