25

25

“There is fate, but it only takes you so far…

Because once you’re there

It’s up to you to make it happen,”

Caroline

By about day nine, I was like screw this I am done living in a tree and Zoro and I finally decided to explore the rest of the island. So I tied my sloth to my side, filled our empty and flask with water and we walked north towards the edge of the island.  It is pretty much the same all in diameter, water, beaches, palm trees, sand, and rocks. And you know what we found? We found absolutely nothing. We pretty much decided to give up for the day, and decided to call it a night.

      The next morning I heard talking but I wasn’t sure if it was human talking, or if I was hallucinating. “Yep, that’s definitely them, hey Caroline wake up,”

      Opening my eyes I see this weird guy standing over me. Weird guy? Olie. “Oh, my god, Olie it’s you,” I jumped up realizing my baby sloth most have migrated over towards Zoro while we were sleeping.  Hugging my brother I finally asked him, “What the hell took you so long?”

      “Nami thought for certain you were on this other nearby island, so we went there first, and then we checked this island, just not all of it,” Olie answered relived he finally found me, “Well wake your boyfriend up we best get going,”

      “I can’t leave now, what about the baby?” I wondered looking over towards the baby sloth cuddling with Zoro.

      Olie doesn’t see the sloth and goes, “What baby? There is no baby,” then he started to have a mini-panic attack.

      “No, there is,” I walked him around Zoro who was still sleeping cuddling this little baby sloth who was also sleeping.

      “Jesus,” Olie started to calm himself, he looked back at the Going Merry, “We’ll come on Zoro get up,” He slightly kicked him on the side. “Might I ask why you have baby sloth?”

      Picking it up as I saw Zoro widening his eyes Zoro looked over towards Olie. Almost like Olie wasn’t real Zoro just went back to sleep, then Olie kicked him again, “Olie stop it,”

      “Zoro lets go, unless you want to stay on this island forever,” Olie told him. “Okay, once again. Why do you have a baby sloth?”

      I looked over towards Zoro, “I think I’m going to name him Bruce,”

      “Bruce? Bruce is good,” Zoro agreed.

      Olie still wondering goes, “What’s with the baby sloth?

      We started walking to the Going Merry as I finally answered him, “His mother got eaten by a hawk, so his people entrusted me with him,”

      “That’s touching, put him back,” Olie instantly commanded.

      “Nope. He’s already used to us, he thinks I’m his mother, wouldn’t want to faze him any more than he’s already gone through,” I said right back to Olie.

      As we got towards the ship everybody was greeting us as though we’ve been gone for years. Well, we were shipwrecked on a deserted island.

      “What’s that?” Luffy asked me studying the sloth closely.

      “This is Bruce,” I told him holding Bruce up towards Luffy.

      “Bruce ehh?” Luffy goes then he looked over at Zoro, “He looks like you Zoro,” 

      Then we all started thinking what Luffy was implying. Everybody else started laughing; Zoro was the only one offended by his Captain’s goofy remark.