32

32

“That’s the thing about pain; it demands to be felt.”

Caroline

OnePiece Fanfiction

      I somehow managed to find my way to the others, I don’t know how, it just happened.

      “Caroline!” Luffy announced running up towards me.

      And even though I wanted to say something about me being possessed and going to kill Zoro, I couldn’t, no words about that would come out of my mouth.

      “Hi guys,” I said looking around and only seeing, Luffy, Olie, Chopper, Franky and Zoro. “Where is everybody?”

      “We split up into groups looking for you,” Olie told me grabbing my shoulder and guiding me to another direction as everybody else followed me. “Are you alright? What happened?”

      “Yeah, I’m fine, I negotiated with them, and they let me go,” those words just fell out of my mouth, I didn’t even think of saying them it just happened. Why would I lie to him?

      “Really?” Franky wondered, “It’s that easy these days?”

      We started making our way back towards the beach and Zoro was walking way behind everybody else so I nonchalantly walked with him. Eventually we were walking so slow that we lost track of the others, and I somehow purposely let Zoro lead so that’s probably why we got lost so quickly. We weren’t saying anything for a while until he asked, “Are you really alright? It seemed too convenient that they just gave you back?”

      Avoiding the question I just replied, “You know this time it’s different. This time they kidnapped me, usually they kidnap Nami, I wonder why that is?”

      Zoro didn’t say anything he just continued walking realizing that I didn’t answer his question.

      My heart started racing because I could feel what I was going to do, tears started forming in my eyes, but they were held in. When he looked at me he could see the tears in my eyes, and his facial expression didn’t change when he asked me, “Are you alright?”

      My knees collapsed to the ground as I started to feel even worse because I knew then, that we’re far enough from the others that they couldn’t suspect anything. I know now that the compulsion is going to work, I know I can’t stop it. I know I’m just going to wind up killing him, the love of my life.

      “Caroline?” he asked me getting closer and putting his hand on my shoulder.

      The pocket knife that I had stolen from Olie earlier appeared in my hands from my pocket. I jabbed it into Zoro’s abdomen as both of his knees collided to the ground.

      “Caroline! What the hell?” he asked covering up his wound as it started gushing out blood.

      I stole one of his katanas from his sash as he back away from me. He didn’t try to grab his swords to defend himself he just sat up against the tree and watched me with my terrified look on my face.

      I just kept on cutting over and over, enough times that it would kill a normal human. Before I was about to deliver the finishing blow I was able to cry out over the manipulation. “Zoro! Run! I’m being controlled.”

      He stood up and walked up closer towards me. “No.” he grabbed his own sword with his bare hands and held it out from him. “I won’t run. I’ll never leave you. Even if it kills me.”