I was frozen, there's no way I can kill that.

"Its coming." I whispered.

Although it was huge, it was quite slow, taking its sweet time to make its way to us.

"Serenity!" Jason pulled me out of the way of its attack of poison. "Use the sword."

"What sword?!" I panicked. Jason pushed me away as he fought off the demon on his own.

I watched behind a tree as Jason confronted the monster. Even though Jason was quite tall, his height looked pathetic compared to the demon. My heart leaped when the demon sprinted toward the angel. Jason swiftly moved out of the way simply breaking its legs and kicking it down the hill.

"Were you not listening?!" He yelled, walking toward me.

"No." I shook my head, still in shock.

"Put your hands together!" He instructed.

He stood behind me grabbing my arms and slamming them together.

My tattoos moved against my skin, the rose's stem elongating, turning into vines. Vines that traveled into the palm of my hands. The necklace, as well, traveled to the palm of my hands.

In the palm of both my hands emerged a long, dazzling white sword. The vines of my rose spiraling down the handle. The blade so clear I could see the reflection of Jason and I together.

I noticed Jason gaze look up...

"Its coming! Pierce it with the sword!" Jason backed away. Intuition took over and I swung the sword around only to stop an inch away from a mans neck.

My eyes widened at the thought of almost killing him.

"Serenity, he's a demon! Kill it!"

The mans once horrified face turned sinister. Eyes darkening, until completely black with red piercing irises, his smile widening inhumanely, spewing poison out of it's mouth.

Before he could attack, I swung the sword once more to slice down its neck to its waist. Steam sizzling off the body as I pulled the weapon back.

Poison spluttered out its mouth, dropping down to its knees, soon disintegrating into absolute nothing.

I looked down at the blade, the blood of the demon burning off.

"Serenity?" Jason walked toward me.

I dropped the blade...

The vines and the necklace on my palms returning to their natural state on my arms. Looking down to where I had dropped the sword, it was gone.

"If you let go of the sword, it disappears." He sighed, pushing me against the tree. "You're okay?" He asked looking at my face for a response.

I nodded stiffly.

"Next time, can you please pay attention to what I'm saying?" He growled putting his arms on either side of the tree, enclosing me. His scowl deepened once he realize I still wasn't paying full attention. "Serenity?" He nudged my thigh with his leg.

"huh?" Once again, I was finding it kind of hard to listen. With Jason leaning into me after the previous events in the last 24 hours and the scene from just 2 seconds ago, I guess you could say I was in shock and completely uncomfortable. 

"Demons can take the shape of a human, you felt the evil in him, follow your instincts...."

"Okay." I bit my lip, looking down.

"Lets go." He grabbed my hand pulling me away.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Jason asked while I ate some Brazilian food in a restaurant on a busy street

"Are you sure you're okay?" Jason asked while I ate some Brazilian food in a restaurant on a busy street. Jason ordered food for me in perfect Portuguese and paid in money I didn't even know he had. When the waitress came to our table, I couldn't help but notice the rose pin on her work shirt. 

"I think." I took a bite of the tortilla, I was holding. Honestly, the demon seemed like one of the many in my nightmares... Though, I can't deny the shock of seeing it in real life was quite unnerving, way different than just dreaming it. "Can humans see those things?" 

"Rarely." He leaned forward, closing the space between us, at this small table.

"Its horrifying" I shivered. "Thank you. Thank you for helping me."

"No problem," He nodded. "There's a reason you are the one fighting this and not angels, Serenity. If I start fighting these demons off, we'll end up in war." He looked away watching the roads of small cars making their way through. "We're not ready for war, not yet. You have to do this, I can't let the world know there's an angel on earth."

"I'll try, its just- its was shocking seeing one and not knowing what to do." I pouted.

"Its okay, Kitten." He smiled softly. " You'll get better."

"We should go." I said worried, that one of my parents would come home early.

The day passed as I finished some homework. Still avoiding Jason as inconspicuously as I could. I looked down at both of my hands on my bed while Twilight played on the TV in the background.

Putting my hands together, I paid close attention to the tattoos on my arms. The necklace unraveled as it moved against my skin up to my palms. The rose grew into a vine that extended to my palm meeting the necklace, they became one as the sword emerged from my hands. The handle was a shinning white that fit perfectly in the hold of my hand. The handle was decorated in intricate gold detail under the rose vine that wrapped the handle. The blade was amazingly clear that I could see my warped reflection. It was quite wide and yet I could wield it so easily.

Then I let it go...

The tattoos shifted around my skin until they settled into their original positions. I did that about 20 times, just staring at my arms and sword.

"Serenity, come down please." Mom called me.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Here's your present." Dad said.

"Present? Oh, yeah, I completely forgot."

They passed me an envelope.

Opening it, I pulled out a ticket.

"Paramore tickets!" I squealed and jumped around the living room. "Yes, I love this band! Thank youuuu!" I cooed sweetly at them.

"Here's another one..." My mom passed me a card.

"Yay! I get to see my favorite band and I'm rich!" An evil sounding giggle came out of me.

"You could at least pretend to read it..." My dad scoffed, returning to eating his dinner.

"Thank you, Love you." I hugged my mom and dad.

"Your tea is ready, Serenity. Make sure you drink it while its hot." I grabbed the tea cup of a bunny and tip toed my way upstairs.

"Good news?" Jason smiled.

"Yes." I answered stiffly. "Jason?" He lifted his head, letting Luna go. "Why aren't my parents reacting to appearance?"

"I may have shifted some memories around..." He shrugged. "Have you finished your work?" He asked.

" Yes." I nodded.

"Are you still on edge?"

"Yes." I nodded. "Its not something I'll get over easily, I was traumatized." I frowned.

Jason looked away, playing with Luna again.

I carefully drank my tea.