Epilogue

Hi guys! How are you

There it goes a chapter for you to read. I hope I haven't disappointed you.

Edited by ladymaryterrace

Ready? Off you go!

CESAR' POV

It has been a week since my return to Brazil and the feeling of emptiness inside is with me all the time, the only company during my trip back.

I can't deny that I am in love with him but, at the same time, I don't want to be exclusive, at least on my part. I want the right to know other people at the same time while in a relationship with my love.

I want an open relationship. Douglas only belongs to me and I belong to everyone.

After we broke up, I unsuccessfully tried to call him many times a day for a week but he never answered my calls.

On the day of our scheduled flight back to Brazil, he failed to show up at the airport gates when I boarded the plane. Even though I called him over thirty times, my calls remained unanswered.

I was upset he didn't take my calls and I still am. I got on the plane with the hope of calling him as soon as I got home but he still was unresponsive to it. He is still mad or else he would have picked up my calls.

I spent the whole week performing my tasks rather badly because I did not hear from Douglas.

Here I am, sitting on the sofa in the backyard of my place looking at the sunny sky, wearing my sunglasses, on this Saturday appreciating the view and thinking about Douglas.

I close my eyes trying to even my breath, so I can think clearly of how I can get him back when I feel the temperature drop unnaturally for this region of Brazil and I open my eyes.

The wind brings big, grey clouds that become more devastating by the minute.

What is happening? We are in the dry season and it is not supposed to rain until next week. The tv forecast and the app on my phone were showing a 0% possibility of rain, mainly today.

I cover the couch with a tarpaulin to protect it from the rain and walk back into the house. As soon as I step inside, lightning bolts and deafening thunder make the glass windows of the house vibrate violently but without shattering the glass.

Just as quickly as it started, it stopped again and the sky is once again cloudless and blue.

***

As usual, my family and I are eating dinner while watching a TV show called Programa do Silvio Santos when suddenly the show is interrupted by Breaking News.  

The news reporter looks distressed as she starts her report:

"A car accident occurred today on the access road to the East Zone of the city.

The driver of the car attempted to avoid a power pole that crashed down in front of their vehicle after it was struck by lightning but he lost control of the car.

The vehicle was found on its roof with the four occupants trapped inside. Since the whole accident was recorded by Traffic cameras, the four occupants were found quickly and taken to hospital immediately by Emergency Services.

The vehicle was found upside down with four occupants after an emergency call to 192, and the victims were immediately taken to the nearest hospital.

The occupants of the vehicle consisted of a family of four. One adult male, one adult female and a set of male twins. The parents, Alexandre Ferreira and Gloria Cabral Ferreira died on the way to the hospital. Their twin sons, Daniel Cabral and Dalton Cabral Ferreira are in a life-threatening, but stable, condition in the ICU. The hospital is trying to get in touch with their next of kin, Mr Douglas Gael Cabral Ferreira whose number was listed as the emergency contact.

If you know Mr Ferreira and know how best to contact him, please get in touch with the hospital's ICU. For any further information please get in touch with Police district nine."

"Oh my god, that is your boyfriend's family!!" Why can't they get hold of him?" My father asks, looking stunned at me.

"I don't know, he is still in London for another month!" I answer him, feeling very upset and worried about him, his parents and especially his little brothers.

"Why didn't you stay with him?" My father asks.

"I have to work-"

"Shut it both of you!" Mum cuts our conversation.

"Don't waste time! Call him!" Mother orders.

Damn, he probably won't answer my calls but I still have to try.

WILLIAMS POV

I open my eyes and realise that I am sitting on the sofa inside Douglas's bedroom while he is asleep in his bed.

I have no idea how either of us ended up on the sofa or in the bed. The last thing I remember is us hugging at the bottom of the stairs and now all of a sudden, I wake up here with a slight burning sensation on the left side of my chest.

I massage the place of the burning sensation with my right hand with only the expensive fabric of my shirt separating the direct contact of my hand with my chest.

A sound of agony echoes through the room and I look around to see where it is coming from until my eyes land on Douglas.

I quickly get up and move towards him but stop when he is moving his head from one side to the other like he is having a nightmare. His whole body is covered in sweat and it is also dripping from his forehead.

I shake him lightly several times and gently slap him on his cheeks, trying to wake him. Suddenly, he lets out a scream of despair and sits up, panting.

He, suddenly, lets out a scream of despair and wakes up taking a sitting position panting.

"Douglas, what's the matter? Are you okay?" I ask him while placing my hands on either side of his face and trying to find a way to calm him down. He recoils from my touch, looks at me with fear in his eyes and whispers: "My family..."

"My family..."

Then his phone starts ringing. 

[Total silence]
[Everything goes black]

-----------------------------------------------------------

So, did you like it? I'd like to hear your thoughts.