After the Event

Hey the guys!

How are you doing?

Above you all can see Williams waking up.

Enjoy the reading!!!

Edited by ladymaryterrace

ALEXANDRE'S POV

...

“Holy hell!” César exclaims.

Frantically, I try to ring Douglas’ cell phone many times but it always goes straight to voicemail. Finally, after the seventh time, he answers the call.

“Hello, Douglas?” I ask desperately.

“No, sir. This is Ana, I’m a nurse and I work at João Lúcio Hospital.” She answers.

“Where is Douglas? How is he? Is he ok? Some-“

Sorry to interrupt, sir, but are you a close relative of Douglas Ferreira?”

“Is he alive? I need to talk t-“

“Sir, please stay calm. What’s your name?

“Alexandre Ferreira. I’m his father.” I answer quickly.

“Okay, could you come to the Joao Lucio Hospital and we will give you all the information you need. We will be waiting for you, sir.”

“Ok, I’m on my way.”

Once I hang up, I pick up my car keys, look at Cesar and ask him:

“Could you do me a favour, Cesar?” He nods but looks at me confused.

“Douglas was on the bus that was involved in this accident we just watched on tv. I am not sure how badly injured he is so I need to get to the hospital and find out, okay?”

“I can Alex. What do you need me to do?” He asks expectantly with a worried face.

“I need someone to watch Glória and the kids.”

“I will, sir. I’ll take care of it. I’ll look after them while you are at the hospital.”

“Thanks for your help, Cesar. They are already in bed. I really gotta go.”

“Keep me updated as soon as you can. You know Douglas is my friend and I care about him.”

“Yeah, I know what it is like to worry about the person you are in love with. I just hope you can admit it to him and yourself before it is too late.”

Cesar thinks Gloria and I don’t notice how he looks at my son and how he cherishes and does everything to make him happy.

“Ok, I will. I am going now. Talk to you as soon as possible.”

With that, I get in my car and drive straight to the hospital.

I park and get off the car and go straight to emergency reception.

“Good evening! I would like to know about the patient Douglas Gael Cabral Ferreira?”

“What is your relationship to the patient?” The receptionist asks me.

“I am his father,” I answer

“My name is Alexandre Portela Ferreira and his mother ‘s Glória Cabral Ferreira.”

“Ok, sir. Now I only need your ID to finish the process and allow you in.”

I open my wallet and withdraw my ID and give it to the nurse while I wait impatiently for her to finish what she’s doing.