36: Clarification

A/N: Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone! Nothing much to discuss today, I just thought I'd say that I've dedicated this chapter to 'Find You' by Ruelle. I feel that since this chapter is simply just filled with lots of motivation from Erwin on Levi and Y/N's relationship, it helps Y/N begin to dig out more of her feelings for Levi. I hope you enjoy the chapter! <3333333

*THIS CHAPTER HAS A VERY BRIEF DISCUSSION OF RAPE, SEXUAL ABUSE, AND PHYSICAL ABUSE*

  Erwin and yourself were discussing the case against Xavier. The topic made your hairs stand on edge. You needed to be strong, though. You were the only link in making sure that Xavier would be locked up behind bars for good. It was a tedious conversation, but it was definitely needed. Erwin reminded you a lot of how your father used to be. Protective, not too overbearing, knowledgeable, always looking out for everyone else and putting himself second. A true leader. Erwin would definitely be an amazing father if the opportunity arose for him.
  "Xavier didn't let anyone rape me before Levi and everyone else rescued me. I was only severely beaten. They were allowed to do anything other than a sexual acts, basically. Not to say that they didn't try, but it was still enforced upon them." You informed Erwin so he could write down more details on the case.
  "I heard you were quite the interrogator that day everyone questioned Xavier." Erwin made you aware of his knowledge over the situation. You gave him a nervous laugh, rubbing the back of your head.
  "You pretty much know everything, huh?" You asked. He nodded.
  "Levi informed me." Erwin added. You sighed deeply.
  "Of course he did." You made a lighthearted joke. Erwin looked over at you for a moment before gazing at the paperwork once more.
  "I know that fiasco this morning was bullshit too." Erwin stated calmly. You looked at him, stunned. He had a small smile, almost as if he were saying that he understood. You panicked internally for a second, pressing your lips together in an immense state of anxiousness. You didn't know what to say about it exactly. You just had one question for him as you relaxed yourself.
  "Well, him helping me was the truth, it was just last night that he helped me through a lot. What do you think really happened, though?" You asked him, quizzically. He gave a light snort. You stared at him, nervously awaiting his answer.
  "It doesn't matter what I think. It's not up to me to decide what's acceptable between the both of you; and it's also not my business." Erwin stopped to look at your expression. You were desperately awaiting him to continue speaking. He chuckled to himself.
  "But, since you asked, I think that the two of you just shared the time you had together. I don't know you very well, but I know Levi well enough. He isn't the type of man to go in guns blazing. He takes his time in most things regarding someone he cares about, as should everyone." Erwin explained. His words were almost exactly what you needed to hear. Your cheeks felt heated. Erwin smiled, referring back to the paperwork.
  "With the way it looks, I don't think Xavier will be put in prison." Erwin stated. You looked at him, growing angry upon hearing such appalling news.
  "What do you mean he won't be imprisoned? After everything he did? What is wrong with the court system?" You questioned, appalled at finding this out.
  "What I mean is that it's very likely he will be put on death row for his crimes and what he did to you as a Survey Corps soldier. Zackley may be a puzzling man, but he doesn't take these sort of cases lightly." Erwin continued to explain. You remembered that day back in the interrogation room when Zackley brought in that torture contraption. You tittered.
  "I guess you're right. Sorry I snapped like that." You apologized to Erwin. He shook his head.
  "Nonsense, I think you reacted fine. I should've just came right out with it instead of stopping right in the middle of my explanation." Erwin mentioned, feeling a bit of guilt.
  "Thank you. For everything, really. If I hadn't been given a chance, I don't know where I'd be right now. Probably dead." You began to feel melancholy again.
  "Don't sell yourself so short. You eventually would've made your way out of that place someday. It just happened sooner rather than later. You're one of the strongest soldiers we have here and I don't just mean mentally." Erwin complimented you and attempted to clear your mind of any negativity towards yourself.
  "That means more to me than you could ever know, Commander Erwin." You replied, getting teary-eyed. Erwin packed up the paperwork that would be used in the case. You smiled at the idea of Xavier, the man who was responsible for all your years of torment, being put to death. You didn't give it a second thought. Someone's life being taken from them so abruptly without any say was horrifying upsetting, but in the case of Xavier, you didn't have a care in the world. You figured that was the perfect way for Xavier to leave the world.
  "Are you ready for your x-rays?" Erwin stated as you both headed toward his office door in order to leave. You nodded.
  "Yes. Regardless of the results, I'd like you to try and stay off your feet for as much as you can until it's healed. I'll make arrangements with Sasha to fill in for you for the next week or so." Erwin said. You were hesitant, wanting to argue against his sudden decision on the matter. Before you could speak, Erwin continued.
  "You're not a burden, Y/N. Don't think that way. We're all a team, and I need all my soldiers healthy." Erwin mentioned, almost as if he had read your mind.
  "How did you know I felt that way?" You asked, startled at how quick he was to respond to your demeanor.
  "You had a look of hesitation." Erwin answered. You laughed lightly.
  "Before we go, I need to ask Levi if he can come along." You suggested. Erwin nodded.
  "No worries, do what you need to do. I'll be waiting for you both. Levi knows where to go." Erwin explained. You went your separate ways.
  "And Y/N?" Erwin called out for you. You turned around to face him.
  "For what it's worth, you have yourself a great man there." Erwin casually stated. It didn't take you long for you to realize that he was speaking about Levi. He turned around and continued walking, not expecting a response from you. Your cheeks felt like they were on fire. You headed to your bedroom before you went to speak with Levi. You needed to calm yourself down. If Erwin and Hanji were both on board with any kind of relationship that you and Levi had with each other, than you had nothing to worry about in the end. You asked yourself over and over again whether your feelings were good enough. When you left your room to talk to Levi, you ran into Sasha. Her room was at the far end of headquarters, so it made sense that she would pass by your room every day.
  "Hey Sasha." You greeted. She waved at you and gave you a widened smile. She was always so perky and full of life.
  "Y/N, it's good to see you. How's your leg?" Sasha asked, knowing full well as to why she was filling in for you today.
  "It's alright, it should heal rather quickly. I wanted to thank you for taking care of things on my end with the training." You expressed your gratitude towards her.
  "Don't sweat it, I just ran into Erwin before I saw you and he asked if I would continue to fill in for you for a while. I don't mind it at all. It gives me something else to do, honestly." She laughed, making you smile at her willful agreements.
  "I'm glad to hear it. I'll still thank you for your troubles, though. You can't stop me from doin' that." You joked. She giggled in response.
  "I can't complain then, I guess." She continued.
  "We should spend more time together; I hardly ever see you." Sasha requested. You beamed.
  "I'd like that a lot." You replied, happy to hear the idea. Sasha was ecstatic. She was a very excitable person. Though, her personality clashed a little with yours, you loved having people like her around. It was heart warming.

  A/N: We're so close to 20k reads and it's almost unbelievable. Thanks so much!!! Hope you all enjoyed these two chapters. I will be spending tomorrow and Wednesday trying to get more chapters out as best as I can. Enjoy, and have a wonderful day!! Stay safe everyone! <3333333