29: Whimsical Shenanigans

You had woken up to Levi asleep against the headboard of your bed. You were laying on his lap before you had sat up. You stared at him for a while before waking him. The expression on his face as he slept was peaceful; kind. You chuckled, thinking that he looked much more approachable with that expression. You gently moved his hair away from his face, but this action caused him to wake up rather quickly. You forced your hand back down into your lap before he would notice what you were doing. He looked at you with raised eyebrows. His eyes were a little more drowsy than usual.
"You messin' with me?" Levi asked, you smiled at him, holding in your laughter.
"Not too much. I see you're a light sleeper." You commented, Levi nodded as he sat up.
"I am. I noticed that you're not." Levi responded, you knitted your brows at him, curiously.
"Should I know what you mean by that?" You asked, referring to how he would know. He just stared at you, allowing you to put the puzzle pieces together. You clicked your tongue at him.
"You didn't need to stay here with me." You said, changing the subject. He shrugged.
"I know, but it happens." Levi joked lightly. You tittered.
"Is that so?" You questioned, grinning at him.
"I just kind of fell asleep. Your sleepy expression as you slept was pretty contagious." Levi shrugged, not thinking much of the effects you had on him. You playfully rolled your eyes over his comment.
"You mumble a lot when you sleep." Levi randomly brought this up, making you shiver. The possibilities of things you could've said baffled you. Levi just sat there staring at you again, choosing not to explain. You pursed your lips impatiently.
"Well, are you gonna tell me what I was mumbling?" You looked at him as he exhaled through his nose as his response, in an attempt to make you more eager. You crossed your arms. He snickered a little.
"Just random things. Most of which I couldn't even really understand since your face was buried against your pillow through most of the night." Levi answered you honestly. You didn't argue the point and just smiled at him. Levi looked to the right of his view, seeming at ease. He clearly wanted to say something but didn't know how to word it. You didn't respond, but waited patiently for him to figure it out. He looked over at you again.
"You didn't scream all night." Levi mentioned, a dose of happiness in his voice. His expression stayed the same, however.
"I don't remember having any nightmares either." You said with an excited visage. Levi looked at you with warmness. It made your cheeks heat up for the first time. It startled you, not knowing what to do or how to respond anymore. It was almost impossible to have a normal conversation now.
"Um, could you go now? I need to get ready and head out for more training today." You didn't give Levi the chance to refuse. Though, you knew he would respect your decision, you wanted nothing more to do with such an awkward situation. You hurried him out of your room with a quick goodbye.
"We should talk more later." Levi stated on his way out. He turned to face you as he was outside the door, waiting for your answer. You nodded swiftly.
"Sure, of course. Just meet me in Hanji's office in about six hours." You stated quickly, closing the door in his face without hesitation. What just happened? You asked yourself.
"This is becoming insane." You whispered as you got your bath ready. You sat at the end of your bed after grabbing your uniform to change into. A long series of rubbing your forehead and looking around the room with a puzzled expression went on for about six minutes until you noticed the bath water was overflowing onto the floor.
"Shit!" You exclaimed, rushing in to turn the water off. You slipped and landed on the side of your right hip. You seethed in pain for a moment before sitting back up. You were more startled than hurt after your fall. After gathering yourself up from the floor, you stepped into the hot bath water and cleansed your body as you thought about the events of that morning. The idea that you gathered these intense affectionate emotions for Levi was somewhat disturbing to you after everything you had gone through. You weren't going to deny that Levi was attractive, or that he would be a good fit as a partner.
Although, the very idea of getting into a romantic or physical relationship with Levi was something you had never experienced before, let alone thought about with anyone. You felt as if your heart was going to be permanently housed in your stomach. A few hours spent away from him to gather your thoughts was awaiting you. It was perfect. You didn't want to push Levi away, but you had no clue whatsoever what you were doing or what you could be getting yourself into. It all became a mindless blur once you had finished getting dressed. It was time to be a soldier. No time for nonsense or distracted thinking.

A/N: Before I begin my main point, please, if you would be so kind as to look at the newest addition to my story and Wattpad rules labeled RULES & THINGS TO KNOW. The post is directly after this chapter. I would appreciate reading through to the end. Thank you!!

Now, back to the main topic at hand!!! We've reached 6k!! That's absolutely amazing!! There have been some personal things I've had to focus on recently and I'm still working through them. This story is something I'm passionate about and will continue to write about, so don't worry. I'm so grateful that you all are very understanding and patient with me. I hope I can post more often than I have been. We'll see! Thank you again! Have a wonderful day and stay safe everyone! <3333333